Brian's 1/200 Yamato Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bri62

SMF Supporter
First Name
Brian
Disaster there is one of decks missing (Forecastle) absolutely gutted sooooo it's got to go back and they haven't got another:sad:
Admin can you please delete this build I'll look for another ship.
Ordered the hood and then found another yamato so got a choice now
Brian

Last edited:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Lol. Now you'll have to buy another book... if you want an accurate Hood there are a few bits that need changing a bit.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
OH Dear Bri an i was lookin forward to the yammy as we got a hood bein built on here but be nice to see yours
chrisb

Bri62

SMF Supporter
First Name
Brian
If you look on HMS Hood association site the fault list is huge. Trumpeter turned down help and advice from them
Just read it, and tbh they would have to retool a awful lot to put it right and I'm not into modelling to recreate an accurate replica, there are not many model kits that can say they are totally accurate. at least the 1/200 is better than the 1/350 :smiling3:
Brian

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just read it, and tbh they would have to retool a awful lot to put it right and I'm not into modelling to recreate an accurate replica, there are not many model kits that can say they are totally accurate. at least the 1/200 is better than the 1/350 :smiling3:
Brian
Trumpeter took the help from the Hood association when working on their 1/350 Hood which is said to be good as they get. They rejected any offers from the association for the 1/200 saying "we got this". They then used the not updated files to produce the 1/200.
Most of the small things can be ignored but the main things that will catch the eye are easy fixes. Hell, If I did them any one can. lol
As an aside: If you want a very good 1/350 Bismarck, the word is the best one out there is the last one from Revell Germany. (wonder why).
Glad that you got the Yamato sorted: Hope its all there. :/

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
If you look on HMS Hood association site the fault list is huge. Trumpeter turned down help and advice from them

Total idiots
I think the HA exaggerated things a bit due to feeling Piddled upon by Trumpeter. Funny 'cause they where chuffed at them for the 1/350 Hood.

Bri62

SMF Supporter
First Name
Brian
I think the HA exaggerated things a bit due to feeling Piddled upon by Trumpeter.
I tend to agree the main is the aft funnel which i have ordered from model monkey also the rudder for the Yamato, spent up now for the year :sad:
Brian

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
SO Bri will the yammy still be the first built before hood then as i hope so ?
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HMS NELSON looks great in that corner unit brilliant build well done Bri
chrisb

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Your not going to believe this guys,
Where are you buying them from? Sounds like an importer needs a wake-up call. If you reorder tell them that they need to check it befor sending.

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Really sorry for your misfortunes with Yamato and the "not-so-useful-to-planet" part of the South American rainforest.
Will follow your build any choice you'll make.

Andrea

Status
Not open for further replies.