Not open for further replies.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
It's Amazon so they won't check contents Ian, can't even speak to anyone to get them to just send missing bits :sad:
Brian
One of the biggest reasons I do not buy from Amazon. Cheap yes but service? How much does she cost on A mongzone
?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Really sorry for your misfortunes with Yamato and the "not-so-useful-to-planet" part of the South American rainforest.
Will follow your build any choice you'll make.

Andrea
Why don't people just write Amazon ? It's not like its a good advert. (yes I know any free advert is a good advert. But even the negative ones?)

Bri62

SMF Supporter
First Name
Brian
One of the biggest reasons I do not buy from Amazon. Cheap yes but service? How much does she cost on A mongzone
?
Tbh I have never had a problem with Amazon until now and it's £70 cheaper than anywhere else I can get it plus free shipping, so yes I've had a bad experience but I also had the same from retail shops there is no way my local model shop would go through a 1/200 kit and check its all there!!
Brian

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Surely if there are parts missing it has to be the manufacturer's fault? I'm sure the Amazon warehouse staff are far too busy to open boxes and steal some of the parts.
Pete

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
SORRY to hear that Bri lets hope you can get it sorted as i was lookin forward to this build
chrisb

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Surely if there are parts missing it has to be the manufacturer's fault? I'm sure the Amazon warehouse staff are far too busy to open boxes and steal some of the parts.
Pete
Totally agree Pete. Boxes come in sealed and go back out sealed, so it’s not the distributor at fault. After all, if they checked them all people would complain about the kits being opened. Can’t see the parts being filched either. Who’d want some PE and an extremely specific book, unless they were “Johnny Cashing” a Yamato…..

Looking forward to the build immensely though. I don’t have the attention span for one, but love the idea of these big ship builds.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I also had the same from retail shops there is no way my local model shop would go through a 1/200 kit and check its all there!!
Brian
But at least a hobby shop has better service and if I recall are duty bound to help change or replace and they take it up with the importer. Also have you considered one second trying to contact the importer or indeed the producer of the kit?

I was not suggesting that the shop MUST open the kit and inspect it, but two kits at that price? if it was me selling them I would offer to inspect them. (or just do it).

Bri62

SMF Supporter
First Name
Brian
look under service. there is a form for missing parts.
I imagine that would take some time :smiling3: as for the cost its on a credit card as long as its paid within 30 days there is no interest incurred, I typically get a refund from amazon in 5-7 days

Brian

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Brian, were the boxes actually sealed when delivered?
Pete

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
If the one tomorrow is incomplete I'll be starting my HMS Hood and use the form Ian supplied to order and bits I need :smiling3:
Brian
And I think that you should politely tell them of what has happened. I am sure that they would be most interested to hear that the quality control on such an expensive kit is not on point!
This has rather put me off the idea of one but leaving it to late and I might either never get one of fine out its missing bits...

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
And I think that you should politely tell them of what has happened. I am sure that they would be most interested to hear that the quality control on such an expensive kit is not on point!
This has rather put me off the idea of one but leaving it to late and I might either never get one of fine out its missing bits...
I'm not sure I'd bother with the "politely" part.
Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.