Brian's 1/48 Dkm u-Boat Type Viic U-552

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WOW BRI that looks good so this fits in the main hull then ? an lenght an beam please ?
chrisb

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Nice progress, at this scale lighting would look realy nice indeed. You can get a lightbulb feeling with LED's by painting over them with some colored varnish. Cheers

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
More progress :smiling3: thinking about lighting and decided to go with a parallel circuit off a 3v mains power supply what do you guys in the know think ?
(Bri qoute )

WELL Bri if you buy a tranformer that works from the main there will be no power shortage like i did on my planes demo an the tranformer is setable from 12v through the range down to what you want an thats 3v BUT have a play firstly an pic of tranformer below an the yellow power settin an this is just my opinion Bri but from what i see the model is in glass isnt it well if it was me id spray one side over complete an have the other side nearly left tranparnt so all the compartments can be seen with the leds lighting up the sub but that just me
chrisb IMG_8741.JPG
Chrisb

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well this is interesting.... One of those kits I would like but will never buy. It just a tad large.
Looks like a well detail model and should look great with the lights in.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Loving watching this come together,it certainly does look a great kit,and will be pretty spectacular when finished I reckon :cool:.
Like Ian, I'd love to invest in one, but the size makes it a nonstarter :disappointed2:,
Great blog though Bri,a lovely, clean build:thumb2:.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Bri love the torps room very well done but what are them white bottles are they compressed air bottles ?
chrisb

Bri62

SMF Supporter
First Name
Brian
what are them white bottles are they compressed air bottles ?

To be honest I have no idea they can't be air bottles unless there some sort of reservoir the ready use air tanks are on the side of the tubes! The air compressor is stbd side of the tubes