British Desert Diorama (Pic Heavy)

First Name
Ty
Hello. I've been working on this diorama since last fall and I think it's ready for display. 1/35:

- Tamiya SAS Jeep.

- Academy M3 Grant with Neo-Grade suspension upgrade and stowage.

- Verlinden resin desert building.

- SAS figures are Evolution Miniatures.

- Verlinden Bedouin & Camel.

- Reclining soldier and Grant crew in the hatch are Hobby Fan with Hornet heads.

- Desert Rat captain is Verlinden

- Desert Rat Cpl in shorts is verlinden with a Hornet head.

Hope you enjoy the pics. (Some foregrounds were photoshopped to make pics a little more realistic)

R

Richy C

Hi Tyrel , I love it mate , your figures look very very good , I have a similar dio planned and got many figures that you have also used ,

5 stars from me

Richy

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
hi ty, this is awesome mate ,congrats on a superb job. Im absolutely in awe at your figure painting ,its brilliant, gives us all something to aim for!Loving the scene too,excellent sense of atmosphere ,loads going on but still a sense of relaxed calm about it. I love it. cheers tony

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
One word....WOW!!!!

Steve

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Any chance of a masterclass in figure painting for us poor mortals?

Gern

T

tonyb6000

I'll second Gern for more figure painting info. Awesome dio, well done.

Tony B

F

Fenlander

It is indeed stunning. It all looks right and superb but as mentioned, the figures really stand out. Great job.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I don't think I can add anything more, truly brilliant, thanks for sharing it and if you have time a master class would be great.

N

noble

Hi there well i got to agree with what has been said before, lovely job on the figures you've set the scene well creating atmosphere, well done indeed.

scott

First Name
Ty
Thank you all for kind words. I'd be more than happy to pass on my method of painting but I must admit to not knowing what a master class is. Can anyone fill me in ?

Thank you

N

noble

P.s tyrel i have given you five stars for this ..... sorry i forgot to put it in my last post, where did you get the camel i can't find anywhwere that sells them?

scott

F

Fenlander

A Master Class is where the "Master" very much you in this case, show the rest of us how it is done in a deliberate and formal way.

In this case it would be you doing some sort of detailed or structured breakdown/demonstration as to how you do your figures in the hope that people like me can improve on theirs.

Just a term we use when someone who can, shows those that can't lol.

R

Richy C

Scott have a look on the Historex website I`ve seen camels on their mate in the 1/35 verlinden section

Richy