British Desert Diorama (Pic Heavy)

First Name
Ty
\ said:
P.s tyrel i have given you five stars for this ..... sorry i forgot to put it in my last post, where did you get the camel i can't find anywhwere that sells them?scott
Thank you Scott, and as mentioned, the camel is a Verlinden product. There are two versions. The one I used and a version where the camel is standing and has a bedouin rider.

First Name
Ty
\ said:
A Master Class is where the "Master" very much you in this case, show the rest of us how it is done in a deliberate and formal way. In this case it would be you doing some sort of detailed or structured breakdown/demonstration as to how you do your figures in the hope that people like me can improve on theirs.

Just a term we use when someone who can, shows those that can't lol.
Thanks for the explaination Graham. It might be a couple of weeks before I build the next figures but when I do I will take step by step macro photos and post them here with a detailed explanation to go along with them.

Cheers

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I could have swore I posted here as soon as it came on.....

Oh. well,

Tyrel, there is nothing more I can add to the previous comments except to offer my sincere congratulations on a superb job and excellent photography too.

Ron

F

Flying Scottiedog

Dam good job, I can only dream on as i would be lost making this sort of thing.

R

Richy C

Don`t put yourself down Scottie , I Plan to do a dio similar to Tyrel`s fantastic work , if anything its inspired me to try even harder

Richy

B

Backbreaker

:cool2::score::banana::terrific::bravo::clap2::welldone::clap3::respect2::emo1:

BB.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Any chance of a masterclass in figure painting for us poor mortals?Gern
I second that motion. Your figures rock!

Share the secret...Please. Pretty please with hundreds and thousands on top.

Just for the record; the whole of this diorama is fantastic. Very well done Tyrel.

Any one found the bucket yet?

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
:cool2::score::banana::terrific::bravo::clap2::welldone::clap3::respect2::emo1:BB.
Does all this mean you like it?

Gern

First Name
Ty
Thanks again too all. I forgot to include a pic of these two figures.

First Name
Ty
\ said:
I second that motion. Your figures rock! Share the secret...Please. Pretty please with hundreds and thousands on top.

Just for the record; the whole of this diorama is fantastic. Very well done Tyrel.

Any one found the bucket yet?
Thank you and I will do a photo step by step fairly soon. I have 120mm Verlinden German Knight and a Panther tank to finish first.

And you will never spot the bucket. It's too well hidden. Never I say..... Never !!

Last edited by a moderator:
First Name
Ty
Here's a couple of overall shots and jeep shots.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Super-cool diorama dude! Not just awesome painting, but composition, story, even the details such as the wind blown grass tufts.

What did you paint the figures in - acrylics, enamels or oils?

Fantastic job! well done mate

Paul