British Naval 12lb Cannon finished

M

mobear

this is great colin,5*s and should sit proudly somewhere,however wheres the rest of ship lol,if you ever tire of it i would gladly pose it in my house overlooking the forth

mobear

Reactions: CDW

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Something very different. I think your re-make of this has improved the overall look and quality of this piece, like I said the quality of the figures, woodwork etc put me off this kit.

Great work Colin, very impressed with how you have turned this into a superb looking model.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Fantastic work Colin as I said in the under construction thread I wouldn't have give a kit like this a second glance but you have showed me that even a low interest kit can be made to look brilliant well done sir

By the way that figure on the right has some serious dysentery problems lol

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Excellent work as always Col.

Gern

H

Harry Labanville

I like your dio .I like the way you have used the table top marbling to simulate waves.Very effective.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That was quick!

You made a great job of that. five more * from me as well.

Ian M

C

CDW

Thanks guys, enjoyed making this as a realistic (ish) piece instead of a museum ''clean and polished'' look.

Not sure if I'd attempt another of this type, or more realistically would pay full money for one, this was a couple of quid from a charity shop so happy enough on the enjoyment for money equation.

\ said:
I like your dio .I like the way you have used the table top marbling to simulate waves.Very effective.
Harry .... I would take credit for that if I'd meant it, this is the ''easy clean'' table in the ''snake room'' and it has decent natural light so is ideal for photo opportunities.

Very well spotted though sir! :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Colin

That's a fine looking gun and crew. You can tell from the finish that you really enjoyed the build. Looks absolutely stunning, well done and thanks for sharing such an interesting kit.

Cheers

Paul

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Stunning work Colin, everything about this is top quality. The photos are also very nicely posed.

B

Bunkerbarge

Absolute cracker and yet another example of what a superb model we can build from a cheap kit. Really an emotive scene that you can enjoy looking at and absorbing as you try to imagine what life must have been like under those conditions.

Really nice job, great weathering and some nice realistic detailed touches. Are you not going to pour a bucket of blood on the deck then!!? :smiling3:

First Name
Aaron
I'd put that in a museum colin, beautiful work.

C

CDW

thanks for the comments chaps, very much appreciated!

\ said:
Are you not going to pour a bucket of blood on the deck then!!? :smiling3:
I thought about going very heavy on the deck 'staining' but I wasn't brave enough and just ended up trying to replicate sawdust covering the odd 'fluid' stain which I attempted to show in the last few images.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
thanks for the comments chaps, very much appreciated!I thought about going very heavy on the deck 'staining' but I wasn't brave enough and just ended up trying to replicate sawdust covering the odd 'fluid' stain which I attempted to show in the last few images.
I think it works well Colin, besides the dio you have have done doesn't look at 'action' stations, the crew look too relaxed. I like this though and maybe, just maybe, I may have a go myself.

Si:smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Brilliant build Colin....First class all the way.

Ron

P

Polux

Fantastic work Colin!!

I like very much this different dio. And love all the ropes and complements, nicely done.

Cheers

Polux