Britsh 25 PDR. Field Gun & Quad Gun Tractor

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Pete/Si - Many thanks again guys for all your help with the compressor issues
Its starting to take its toll now Dave. I will be glad when its done and I can move on
Your dead right Mick. A change is as good as a rest
Cheers Allen. It does take up a lot of time but worth it in the end
Thanks for the support Graeme. I appreciate it mate
Just needed a good clean in the end Greg but thanks for posting mate
Its my second lot of springs that I have done now Fernando. Still a few things to learn. Mainly the over gluing as this is an issue.
Never realised they got this dirty Scottie. As Si says one speck of dirt can fowl up a whole machine.
I have a white sheet on the floor that gets most things JR. However recently things are bouncing which isnt in the rules and making bits harder to find:smiling5:

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
By the way l completely forgot to tell you that your aging process is WONDERFUL... more...more...more

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
ahahhahahaahahha.. the model of course...ahahhahahahah (sorry i had to be more specific)

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Steve
So glad the compressor problem is sorted - well done Si. Just watched the video he put you on to - good stuff.
As for the hairspray technique for chipping I cannot get it to work for me. The results are just so variable and inconsistent. I do find these work ....
P1040249.JPG
I think the secret with these is to work slowly and with only a damp brush and also to work a small area at a time. Just do a little and then move on. You can always come back to an area and chip more.
Model looking nicely aged - as I'm sure you are!!
Jim

Last edited:

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Hi Everyone

JR has been hassling encouraging me to use these as well Jim. For the limited amount of time I am going to do HS chipping I will stick with the Mrs's hairspray. I think this detailing malarkey is ageing me too quickly:smiling5:

Last edited:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Nice work Steve:thumb2:
I can appreciate why your starting to loose patience after seeing all the tweaks you’ve made...I don’t know how Mr T keeps his sanity!
Onwards and upwards sir:smiling4:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Steve
Looks truly amazing. You seem to have rather enjoyed this. Certainly earned the right to say "enough is enough".
Jim

Last edited:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice one Steve.
Top class build.
I know I keep going on about it, ...... But you would make great use of the method, think of all the scratches that you could do, let alone chipping.
As for ageing, that is the only thing that I can match you on .:hungry::tongue-out3::smiling2::smiling2:
John.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
EXCELLENTISSIME...as we say here in Belgium...ahahahhahhahh (I say)
The chassis, with all the details on it, is beautiful

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Hi Everyone

Many thanks for the support Scottie. How is your build doing??
Mr T has a damn sight more patience than I do Si:smiling3:
It was great how it took on a world of its own Jim. I just went with it and its not turned out too bad:thumb2::thumb2:
What are you doing out of bed JR?? Matron will not be happy. Now go suck on a lemon:smiling5:
Glad you like it Greg. Its a shame I will spoil it now with paint:smiling2::smiling:
Hammer and a chisel if its my brain you are working on:smiling2: Thanks for the support Peter:thumb2:

Last edited:

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Watching one of Dr. Jones builds for me is like looking over the shoulder of a famous swiss watchmaker and having someone like Vincent van Gogh come behind them to paint... crazy Attention to detail with knock your socks off painting to go with it… Just simply amazing to watch and enjoy ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Steve
I thought that it would be a shame to hide all the scratching with paint. WRONG! It looks even superber and impressiver.
Jim

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Hi Everyone

Terrific descriptive words "superber and impressiver" Jim. More superber and impressiver work below:thumb2::smiling2:
Thanks Scottie. Hopefully you will be able to get some wet stuff on your build soon
With a touch of Vodka Peter!:smiling5:

Last edited: