build the millennium falcon

First Name
Dave
Will anyone be taking this on?

http://www.buildmillenniumfalcon.com

As usual it probably costs a fortune £900! In fact 100 issues.

But it does look good finished.

Dave

N

noble

I agree that I does look the dogs danglies but at that price not a chance.

scott

Paul Davies

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Not for 900 quid and two years to collect all the parts!

D

dubster72

There's another thread about this Dave & Alan said that he might do it ...

Personally I think these things are a rip-off & what happems if Diagustini stop publication after 50 issues?

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
There's another thread about this Dave & Alan said that he might do it ...Personally I think these things are a rip-off & what happems if Diagustini stop publication after 50 issues?
You make valid points there Patrick and I agree it is way over priced but in this case it's the only chance to get this with such detail so the price is of secondary thought to a nutter like me who has always wanted a detailed kit of the ship :D

If I do get this I won't start it until I get the complete series and then do an under construction thread :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Price is the killer here, like all these kits: 90% will be part builds and unfinished with only 10% going to real modelers. Good on ya Al if you're serious-your mad, but good on ya.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I'm mad I know I am , the wife said and I quote

"You've built and painted one of them for a lot cheeper than that "

I said " I can't talk to you about this so but out you don't know what your talking about!"

Well I never actually put it that way I said

" yes dear your right but this is more detailed and will look so much better light of my life " :D

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
I'm mad I know I am , the wife said and I quote"You've built and painted one of them for a lot cheeper than that "

I said " I can't talk to you about this so but out you don't know what your talking about!"

Well I never actually put it that way I said

" yes dear your right but this is more detailed and will look so much better light of my life " :D
Coward-get her told-"I am having this and there is nothing you can do or say that will change it!" Followed by. "Sorry dear, yes dear, please don't divorce me..."

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Coward-get her told-"I am having this and there is nothing you can do or say that will change it!" Followed by. "Sorry dear, yes dear, please don't divorce me..."Si:smiling3:
And the last bit I will be saying from my hospital bed:D

First Name
Dave
My wife said when the ad was on "would you like to get that you can if you want":D My heart says yes.

I know the model train and ship ones have been releases but of models you could buy from elsewhere this on the other hand hasn't got an equivilant kit available at least I don't think it has.

Dave

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
My wife said when the ad was on "would you like to get that you can if you want":D My heart says yes.I know the model train and ship ones have been releases but of models you could buy from elsewhere this on the other hand hasn't got an equivilant kit available at least I don't think it has.

Dave
Yeah dave the closest you will get to this kit is the old not made anymore AMT release from the eighties and it's very basic with only about 30 or so parts this on the other hand is something special as its a replica of the falcon used in the original trilogy :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I know but £900 I could do a lot with that...... arrggghhhDave
Yeah but to have that £900 you'd have to wait 2 years dave ,what's £18 a month mate :D

First Name
Mike
Apparently it's 1:1 scale so I'd have to build it on my local playing field.

It's a shame they're doing it as a parts-work magazine thing. I'd (maybe) be prepared to pay a couple of hundred pounds less to get it all in one, and do without 100 issues of a magazine that might get read once and then discarded. Being 1/43 scale it's close enough to 1/48 to create some kind of diorama, too. Very cool.

N

noble

I bought the 1/35 scale dora railway gun at £500 and my wife almost had a second child before she had our first, but I did explain that it would be the last serious kit I would be buying of that size and price, and I still haven't built it yet after 3 and a half years of it sitting in my stash. If I told here I wanted to buy this she'd probably have a cow.

scott

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I bought the 1/35 scale dora railway gun at £500 and my wife almost had a second child before she had our first, but I did explain that it would be the last serious kit I would be buying of that size and price, and I still haven't built it yet after 3 and a half years of it sitting in my stash. If I told here I wanted to buy this she'd probably have a cow.scott
Just think though Scott after devorce you can do what you want :D :P

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Yeah but to have that £900 you'd have to wait 2 years dave ,what's £18 a month mate :D
I know but I've been looking at an RC 1/72 HMS Argonaut for half the price I need to win the lottery

Dave

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I know but I've been looking at an RC 1/72 HMS Argonaut for half the price I need to win the lotteryDave
Ah the hms argonaut , quite a size in 1/72 , I take it it's the one in the Falklands conflict and not the WWI one :D

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Ah the hms argonaut , quite a size in 1/72 , I take it it's the one in the Falklands conflict and not the WWI one :D
Yes the Leander class around 5' I think

Dave