YIKES!! That eees beeeeg!!:eek:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
O

\ said:
Apparently it's 1:1 scale so I'd have to build it on my local playing field.It's a shame they're doing it as a parts-work magazine thing. I'd (maybe) be prepared to pay a couple of hundred pounds less to get it all in one, and do without 100 issues of a magazine that might get read once and then discarded. Being 1/43 scale it's close enough to 1/48 to create some kind of diorama, too. Very cool.
I thought I heard 1:1 as well. Someone should sign up then report the to Trading standards _!

First Name
Neil
I think the ad said something like 1:1 of a replica used in filming - in other words it is a model of one of the models used.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
I think the ad said something like 1:1 of a replica used in filming - in other words it is a model of one of the models used.
Yep, it is 1/1 of the model used in the film.

SI:smiling3:

W

Waffen Bucks

Over the 2 years, It works out at £1.23 a day.

Some will choose to buy this, others will spend £9 a day on cigarettes...whatever takes your fancy really.

Having seen the first parts in the local newsagents...it's a very close match, size wise, to the Star Wars Legacy toy/collectable that came out about 5 years back...I was given this as a present and is plastic, movable parts, about 3ft long etc etc. I think it retailed for £100-£110

You also have the model kits...the Revell easy/snap kit, pre painted, measures about 35cm, the MPC kit is about 40cm...and can be bought for about £20-£30 depending on where you shop.

Or you can blow £2500-£4000 on one of the Master Replica versions, has no interior detailing.

I won't buy it as I haven't got that commitment...but in terms of a comparison.

Diagonstini apparently have one of the main designers/builders etc that worked on the Master Replicas version (apparently the closest to the ESB version) working on this project, it has interior detailing and will be powered by battery for the engine etc. The MR version has no interior, lights etc. Although this will be based on the MR version.

If I had the guarantee of 2 years of steady income...I would probably get one...as a conversation piece etc, fan of SW etc. Its cheaper than the MR version...but I have the legacy version...and I can put Han and Chewie in the cockpit :smiling3: so I'm sticking to that.

View attachment 96354

View attachment 96355

View attachment 96356

BMFinstructs.jpg

Revel STAR WARS Millennium Falcon Kit No 06658 (3).JPG

DSC_1626-500x335.jpg

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I wouldn't have gone for this if there was anything close to it but there isn't so ive gone for it and ill wait until I have every part and then I will put an under construction thread up

Only nuclear war can stop me :D

First Name
john
Wow Alan that's big will look awesome when it's finished were do you intend to keep it

P

Polux

I'm with you Alan ;)

Great model, it must be an obligated kit for the Star Wars fans and modellers!!!

Ahhh...will be a long thread :P

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
..........Er............... No.

£ 900 ??????????????

Peter

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Wow Alan that's big will look awesome when it's finished were do you intend to keep it
You get a free wall/table stand for it so I guess I'll stick it in the air :D

L

Lady Phoenix

Got to admit that Im really tempted to buy this, however Im put off by the fact that the last 2 part works I bought stopped early. Freinds stopped after 4 issues and some baking parkwork I bought last year stopped after about 15.

What would I do with a half finsihed giant millenium falcon thats cost me £450 and no chance of a refund.

If there was some kind of "Didnt get what I paid for ruling" with the law on my side I would re-consider

D

dubster72

\ said:
I wouldn't have gone for this if there was anything close to it but there isn't so ive gone for it and ill wait until I have every part and then I will put an under construction thread upOnly nuclear war can stop me :D
Or due to insufficient interest the publishing company decide to terminate the magazine halfway through!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Got to admit that Im really tempted to buy this, however Im put off by the fact that the last 2 part works I bought stopped early. Freinds stopped after 4 issues and some baking parkwork I bought last year stopped after about 15.What would I do with a half finsihed giant millenium falcon thats cost me £450 and no chance of a refund.

If there was some kind of "Didnt get what I paid for ruling" with the law on my side I would re-consider
\ said:
Or due to insufficient interest the publishing company decide to terminate the magazine halfway through!
I know what you guys are saying but this isn't just some niche item here this is star wars and there are enough SW nerds out there that will go for this

We are not talking an eighteenth century gallon , we are not talking a battleship we are talking the most famous vessel from the biggest sci-fi franchise ever :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Imagine what else you could spend £900 on?!!!
I can think of a million things but something I personally wouldn't get so much enjoyment from

At the end of the day it's a personal thing some people collect stamps some people collect train numbers , each to their own

First Name
john
\ said:
I know what you guys are saying but this isn't just some niche item here this is star wars and there are enough SW nerds out there that will go for thisWe are not talking an eighteenth century gallon , we are not talking a battleship we are talking the most famous vessel from the biggest sci-fi franchise ever :smiling3:
If it was something I was passionate about I'd go for it with no worries of risk or funds I'd be in there with both feet so I say good luck to you Alan and at a cost of £1.23a day it's never going to break the bank.I do wonder though how many of these will be on sale on ebay in 2 years time and at what price so this could also be a investment anyways good luck with it and I'm sure you will enjoy it and I very much look forward to the build thread although I believe for entertainment purposes you should do it week by week and not make us wait until you have collected all the parts ;) it would be a great journey over the 2 years and I think many of us would look forward to you weekly update on what would be an epic thread in my opinion.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
If it was something I was passionate about I'd go for it with no worries of risk or funds I'd be in there with both feet so I say good luck to you Alan and at a cost of £1.23a day it's never going to break the bank.I do wonder though how many of these will be on sale on ebay in 2 years time and at what price so this could also be a investment anyways good luck with it and I'm sure you will enjoy it and I very much look forward to the build thread although I believe for entertainment purposes you should do it week by week and not make us wait until you have collected all the parts ;) it would be a great journey over the 2 years and I think many of us would look forward to you weekly update on what would be an epic thread in my opinion.
Cheers John , I would love to do a thread now but this isn't like a conventional model by the look of it , you get parts each week but they are for diffent parts of the model so I would have half finished sections just sitting there for weeks

What I might do it have a look after four months or so and see if there is any sort of shape to it if so I'll start a thread then :smiling3:

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
\ said:
Imagine what else you could spend £900 on?!!!
ive bought decent cars for less than that :D

and if id won the lottery last night id have been buying a Falcon too

look forward to seeing Alan put this together cos it would make an awesome model............just too pricey for me lol

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Yeah it is a big outlay but what else do you spend the money on when you've packed up smoking :D

Actually this is cheeper than smoking