Caen area 11th August 1944

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Looking real good so far Alan.

What colours did you use for the American figures? They're exactly what I want for my D-day dio.

Gern

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Looking real good so far Alan.What colours did you use for the American figures? They're exactly what I want for my D-day dio.

Gern
Thanks mate appreciate it :smiling3:

Colours were revell aqua the tunic was yellow olive 42 combat trousers and helmet NATO olive 46 , the jacket and the thing around the top of the boots was beige 89 and for the wash to show shadow was black green 40 for tunic and trousers and I used olive brown 86 for the shadow on the beige prieces :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
The bike looks superb as does all the dio, a very busy yet natural looking piece. I love the soldier leaning against the wall-so relaxed.

One suggestion is to maybe add some mud tracks from the bike, this would look like it left the main route and then ploughed over the grass and into the hedge.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers Si

Yup going to add the tire tracks this is just a rough outline of what I want to do , I think I might remove a couple of troops it just seems like they are milling about with nothing to do

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Cheers SiYup going to add the tire tracks this is just a rough outline of what I want to do , I think I might remove a couple of troops it just seems like they are milling about with nothing to do
Well the lay out looks fine to me and in some pictures I have seen American and British troops are seen just milling about even with POW's-a sort off...relaxed confusion maybe.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Well the lay out looks fine to me and in some pictures I have seen American and British troops are seen just milling about even with POW's-a sort off...relaxed confusion maybe.Si:smiling3:
Your right Si but I don't think they would be carrying so many weapons but saying that I suppose if I alter it and have a few walking together so they are going on patrol it might work :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
You got to remember that we have a dead or wounded German a prisoner and a crashed bike...it is up to the person looking at the dio to make the story as to what has happened, maybe it is only happened 20 mins ago the bike taking a wrong turn, the guard post, some shooting, troops milling about excited but not sure of what to do, keeping an eye out but in a state of heightened excitement hence the weapons ready.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
You got to remember that we have a dead or wounded German a prisoner and a crashed bike...it is up to the person looking at the dio to make the story as to what has happened, maybe it is only happened 20 mins ago the bike taking a wrong turn, the guard post, some shooting, troops milling about excited but not sure of what to do, keeping an eye out but in a state of heightened excitement hence the weapons ready.Si:smiling3:
Good point I know the story as what happened right up to the shooting of the German and how why the troops are there and your explanation works very well with the story so I suppose it will work :smiling3:

I have set this about twenty minuets after hence the American MP's just arriving :smiling3:

The story is from both sides and how and why the Germans were there and why the British also it will explain why they are handing over a German to the Americans

But I won't spoil it :smiling3:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice work Alan. That chap looks like he is doing stretches without the sandbag and machine gun :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Coming along nicely Alan.....Good subject balance too.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
Thanks mate appreciate it :smiling3: Colours were revell aqua the tunic was yellow olive 42 combat trousers and helmet NATO olive 46 , the jacket and the thing around the top of the boots was beige 89 and for the wash to show shadow was black green 40 for tunic and trousers and I used olive brown 86 for the shadow on the beige prieces :smiling3:
Thanks for the info Alan. Just checked my 70+ Aqua paints - absolutely typical I haven't got ANY of these! Not to worry, I'll find 'em.

Gern

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers Ron , I've got quite a bit to add detail wise so I don't over load it

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Thanks for the info Alan. Just checked my 70+ Aqua paints - absolutely typical I haven't got ANY of these! Not to worry, I'll find 'em.Gern
No problem mate , it's always the way mate :smiling3: