Cruising around in my A9 CS

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
As Tim says we are already seeing "Scottie touches" and that means a great model in the making. Glad the springs are sorted. Models do look good based on uneven ground - somehow more interesting.
Jim

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Interesting beast Paul, got the Bronco version in the stash, be interesting to see how different they are.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Off to a great start here Paul and it looks like a fine kit to do your magic on. I know you will, but there are 2 things that are worrying me a bit..........

1. This great build will end up in a feeding frenzy with crumbs all over your work bench and a mess on the floor...............

2. Your seating Jim R next to the chocco bisquits worries me most. We don't want to turn our Jimbo into a Jumbo now would we????.........

Keep up the fine work Bro...

Prost
Allen (Ret.)

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
cheers Steve.
Looking good already, and the Scottie touches are lifting what looks like a very good kit higher still…..
Thanks Tim, and there was me thinking I would do this one out of the box.
Hi Scottie
As Tim says we are already seeing "Scottie touches" and that means a great model in the making. Glad the springs are sorted. Models do look good based on uneven ground - somehow more interesting.
Jim
Jim, the kit came with plastic springs but they were incredibly fragile and I snapped two.
Interesting beast Paul, got the Bronco version in the stash, be interesting to see how different they are.
Steve built the Bronco version if mine turns out a fraction as well I will be well happy.
Cracking start, even though Bob as took all the cake.
Ian, Bob has been fitted with boxing gloves to slow him down a bit.
Off to a great start here Paul and it looks like a fine kit to do your magic on. I know you will, but there are 2 things that are worrying me a bit..........

1. This great build will end up in a feeding frenzy with crumbs all over your work bench and a mess on the floor...............

2. Your seating Jim R next to the chocco bisquits worries me most. We don't want to turn our Jimbo into a Jumbo now would we????.........

Keep up the fine work Bro...

Prost
Allen (Ret.)
Allen, given the state of my bench crumbs won't even show and I have another pair of boxing gloves if required to fit JIm.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Grabbed a little bench time today. I replaced the kit deck handle with a copper wire replacement and added some punched rivet detail.
DSCF3076.JPG

having looked at the picture I'm afraid the plastic hinge detail will have to go I will make some replacements.

Next I decide to have one of the MG turrets hatches open the other will be closed just for a bit of interest. It is nicely detailed. One thing I do know I wouldn't fancy spending any time in one.

DSCF3074.JPG

DSCF3075.JPG

cheers
Scottie

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
A little bit of bench time not a lot done as they have been quite fiddly. I removed the kit hinges and replaced them using some PE from the spares box. The exhaust was quite difficult with multiple bits of PE. I also added some bandage around the exhaust from glasses lens cloth. The mesh over the exhaust will be added when it has been painted.

DSCF3079.JPG

next on to the fenders. I removed the moulded side light cables and added replacements from copper wire, with cable clamps made from foil and punched rivets.

DSCF3080.JPG

cheers
Scottie

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
A little bit of bench time not a lot done as they have been quite fiddly. I removed the kit hinges and replaced them using some PE from the spares box. The exhaust was quite difficult with multiple bits of PE. I also added some bandage around the exhaust from glasses lens cloth. The mesh over the exhaust will be added when it has been painted.

View attachment 436144

next on to the fenders. I removed the moulded side light cables and added replacements from copper wire, with cable clamps made from foil and punched rivets.

View attachment 436146

cheers
Scottie
Always love your work Paul and learn quite a bit, thanks for sharing and being a good teacher ! The Black Art of fiddly detailing enamours me but intimidates me too. But, your work always manages to encourage !

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Excellent scratch work there Scottie. Bit of a masterclass developing I think.
Thanks Tim, very kind of you.
Always love your work Paul and learn quite a bit, thanks for sharing and being a good teacher ! The Black Art of fiddly detailing enamours me but intimidates me too. But, your work always manages to encourage !
Ron trust me I am still learning myself. The only way is to give it a go if you get stuck just shout out I and the others will only be to willing to help or PM me. There are some useful demos on U tube as well.
You know a masterclass developing when grab handles with rivet detailing is scratched from copper wire. Scottie has grown from Paduan to Jedi.

Cheers,
Richard
Richard, that is extremely kind of you but I am along way of that yet but hopefully I am improving.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Just have to admire your work, every time Paul. Cracking sir!

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Just had a quick catch-up Paul. That's looking very good already.

ATB.

Andrew

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
This just gets better and better. Excellent extra detailing.
Jim

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Doesn't take long Paul before the hinges get changed, had to smile when I read you were going to do that .
Front seat please.

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Tim, very kind of you.

Ron trust me I am still learning myself. The only way is to give it a go if you get stuck just shout out I and the others will only be to willing to help or PM me. There are some useful demos on U tube as well.

Richard, that is extremely kind of you but I am along way of that yet but hopefully I am improving.
Thanks Paul, back when I discovered the MM website you were very helpful with sharing advice for better CA glue application control. That and me finally recently using some CA debonder for cleanup were real game-changers for me. And John Race clueing me in on labeling my multitudes of kit sprues (Thank You so much Obi-Wan John !! ). Sure has made this hobby so much more enjoyable.