Currently building for practice

First Name
Richard
thanks to you both, Joe and Moni,

yes rocking chairs, table and the little rocking horse are scratch build and painted with oil over acrylic.

the roof tiles for the ''how to'' are made with a mould that I made 2012, the master tiles were made out of balsa wood then I glued those on a plate and formed a mould from it. Still have to do some detailing, so I will keep coming back

Cheers Richi

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
hi Richi brilliant work i really enjoy see your posts , you have a real talent,

with your tiles you would need say 3 mm balsa, the ones i made were only 2 mm,

but to cast with plaster a little thicker ? or how do you not brake them getting out off the mold ?

i remember you said that you were going to scratch build furniture , trued out very good wish i could

get the scale right to try things like that would come in so handy , for some meany things tryed google

for plans with doll house and so no but could find 1/6 th but no 1.35 , excellent work,

keep the post coming

cheers

First Name
Richard
Hi moni,

the tiles are 1mm thick and I use ceramic plaster to make them. The ceramic plaster is a very hard one. As for dimensions for scratch building u can resize every plan u can find. The trick I use lots of times when the scale is not 1/35 rescale to the 1/1 and then rescale to 1/35

what I mean is: a chair scale 1/6 has a height of 189mm then it would be 189mm x 6 to get the 1/1 scale that would be 1134mm.

And then I take the 1134mm /35 = 32,4mm and that's the 1/35 size

hope this is understandable? ;)

Cheers Richi

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
hi Richi , oh i did not know there was such a thing as that will have to try and hunt some out some were , thank you so much,

as that's the problem with normal plaster, its too brittle

yes that dose make scene,just dont know why im having trouble with it , was not sinking in sorry for being a pain,

and you are always such a good help ,ta

cheers

:oops: ;)

First Name
Richard
Moni, you are no pain at all. ;)

always glad to help.

Cheers Richi