Dambusters Lancaster BIII

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
SO Bobby you are gonna make old cars an boats kits now then ?
chris

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
On the model itself, as suspected the fiddly little bits were standard Revell substandard - it also suffers from being a compromise of the 'standard' Lancaster model (holes filled in for missing turrets, holes in the wings for missing guns etc.) as opposed to being bespoke.
Not sure. I at first thought you were building this kit, which dates back to 1963 in its original form (I built the 1980s reissue of it in that decade, and found it crude even then). However, Scalemates shows your kit as being from 2009 and based on a new-tool Lancaster from 2007, so I suspect Revell started out designing it to become both standard and Dambusters versions.

Bobby Conkers

Sausage Fingers
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Not sure. I at first thought you were building this kit, which dates back to 1963 in its original form (I built the 1980s reissue of it in that decade, and found it crude even then). However, Scalemates shows your kit as being from 2009 and based on a new-tool Lancaster from 2007, so I suspect Revell started out designing it to become both standard and Dambusters versions.

I will take that as gospel - however the fuselage and wings are definitely generic between the two, with the over and under fuselage turrets removed and replaced by ill-fitting caps. I understand the economics, and the fact these could be skillfully disguised, but it still annoyed me!

I should have downloaded the instructions for the standard and done that, and ordered the decals instead!