Dave's UniModel 1/72 ZSU-37(1944)

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Cor, that’s a mini beast and that’s no error! You’re doing a grand job on this David.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
You know me and tracks David , think it's a mental thing, deciding that I can't do them even before I start.
I love these kits from Eastern Europe, normally cheap and with a good many problems but they produce kits the mainstay of producers don't want too .
Looking at what you achieved you should be well pleased .

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
You know me and tracks David , think it's a mental thing, deciding that I can't do them even before I start.
I love these kits from Eastern Europe, normally cheap and with a good many problems but they produce kits the mainstay of producers don't want too .
Looking at what you achieved you should be well pleased .
Yeh nothing unexpected made these little kits for long enough now to except their short comings before the bits are even tipped out the box this one was pretty good but in the words of Simon T there was some fettleing involved. Unless I've missed it you haven't mentioned how you got on with the perfect plastic putty so grabbed some my self its what I've used on the kit couldn't recommend it enough good stuff adheres and sands brilliant only complaint is with the tube unscrew cap its a bit like a out of controll toothpaste tube a bit wasteful. Loving the groupe build havent done one since Simons. Dave

Reactions: JR

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Dave, it still amazes me how you can build these tiny things and do such a great job. The Su-76 is one of my favorite Rooskie Bummskie things. Still trying to find one in 1/35 from Alan at a cheap price too. One of these in 1/35 would be nice too as 1/72 is too tiny for my old peepers...........

Na Zdorovie (Prost)
Allen(ski) Pres.
RBB Factory #69

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Dave, it still amazes me how you can build these tiny things and do such a great job. The Su-76 is one of my favorite Rooskie Bummskie things. Still trying to find one in 1/35 from Alan at a cheap price too. One of these in 1/35 would be nice too as 1/72 is too tiny for my old peepers...........

Na Zdorovie (Prost)
Allen(ski) Pres.
RBB Factory #69
I know MiniArt do some Su- stuff quite old now so you might grab a bargain somewhere. Dave

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
That is beautiful work on something so small, lovely job mate.

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Sorry chaps but suffered a totally unexpected family loss ,to try and get away from the downer this caused threw my self at the build unfortunately probably not the best thing to have done whatever could go wrong did including breaking the gun barrel ,paint job total disaster lost the will to live (not literally you know what I mean)with the whole thing havent binned it but it has been thrown up the back of the cupboard. Don't worry I'm good will try and fit in another one before this GB ends get a few more days out of the way first thanks all. Dave

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Sorry to hear about your loss david , take your time , the forum will still be waiting , all the best tony

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Sorry to hear Dave, you take it easy, the kit is just a kit, paint can be repainted and the forum will be always be here.

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Thank you guys I suppose all part of the territory ,it goes with growing old it just starts to happen all around you but as they say thats life some times though its a hard punch to take. Dave.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
David sorry to read of your loss.

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Sincere Condolences David; as you say personal loss is a sad concomitant of growing older, doesn't make it any easier to bear though I know.
Steve

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Dave

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Andrew