DC-3 Eastern Airlines COMPLETE.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Here she is. My normal rapid "walkaround".

You'll see my comments about the decals in the build thread! I do quite like the two mechanics,a nice touch methinks.

Cheers

Steve

M

mobear

what an awesome build,looks fantastic mate,a well deserved 5*s from me,and the two figures are a nice touch

mobear

C

Caledonia

Me thinks that's one of your best efforts Steve; if that's possible. Reminds me of the old BEA ones that used to fly out of Dyce Airport when I was a kid. A definate 5 Star. Cheers Derek

Last edited:
K

Keith9657

Very, very nice indeed, Steve. Five stars from me. As you say, the figures are a nice touch.

Keith

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Very nice Steve the alclad has worked really well it has that real aluminium feel about it. It's a shame about the decals but that doesn't distract from a great build. 5* from me.

Vaughan

T

tecdes

That is the real deal Steve a very handsome beast.

Amazing the old Dakota designed in the thirties. Still looks the part a beautiful aircraft. Near as good as the Spitfire a ?!

Took my first flight in the Dakota. Some experience. Very comfortable. You have to walk up hill to your seat. 2nd March 1962. The pilot came on do not worry about the bangs on the fuselage it is only lumps of ice falling from the wings. First flight wow.

Bet those decals were fun Steve. Thinks must have a go at one of these.

Laurie

edit Forgot great figures it gives the scale.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Thanks for the nice comments.

Laurie this one,not that you can see them,has the passenger seats arranged three across the fuselage (2,aisle,1) but apparently they managed to squeeze them four across in later versions. An unhappy precedent as anyone who flies today will appreciate.

It is a good looking aircraft,it bears out the old saying "if it looks right,it'll fly right". I understand that some still fly commercially today!

The decals really were terrible. The model goes together quite nicely with a little bit of remedial work and I would consider another one if I could get hold of some decent markings. Mmmmm,didn't Ian mention some rather smart Danish markings?

Cheers

Steve

A

andygh

Lovely, a thing of beauty indeed and a well deserved 5* once again

PS. How do you aeroplane guys get through these builds so quick, maybe we could get them to adopt it as a new Olympic sport :smile1:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
How do you aeroplane guys get through these builds so quick,
Hi Andy,it's a very simple kit,virtually nothing inside and no seperate control surfaces or other detail. It's taken me just over a week (I think) and I've been able to devote as much time to it as I've wanted.

When work gets in the way I tend to take much longer :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
Lovely, a thing of beauty indeed and a well deserved 5* once againPS. How do you aeroplane guys get through these builds so quick, maybe we could get them to adopt it as a new Olympic sport :smile1:
I quite agree. I saw this a week ago and it was still in its box!

Despite the decals that's turned out beautifully Steve. You can have ***** from me too.

Gern

P

Polux

Very clean build, the color is so real!

Well deserved 5* from me. And I love the two figures, are a nice touch

In the whole plane is breathed your experience.

Cheers

Polux

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Thanks Gern,yep,I got a shift on!

Polux I'm a big fan of the Alclad II finishes. I think the aluminium finish on this one speaks for itself,it is certainly not due to any particular skill on my part! Alclad is very easy to use. If there is any skill it lies in the preparation,these finishes show up EVERY imperfection.

Cheers

Steve

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
A very nice build indeed Steve. That Allu finish is seriously good!

A great aircraft indeed and infact one of the few I have flown in- four abreast as you said. Was a noisy flight and amused me no end looking out the window and watch the wings flexing. Seriously! It looked like the darn thing was flapping its wings. lol.

I digress. A wonderful build Steve and you can have five stars from me as well.

Oh Yes I did mention some decals, Did you not see the link I sent. I was sure I posted it in the build thread? I could be tempted my self.

Ian M

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Beautiful DC-3 Steve, it came out really well. You brought it to life in those pictures too, the ground crew look great.

T

treyzx10r

Great looking finish and overall superb build Steve! Sadly we lost 2 of these in the 2004 Hurricanes here at the local airport,both were in flying condition. I really like the Mechanics as well.5 well deserved stars!

C

CDW

I sat on the sidelines and watched this come together ....

It looks brilliant Steve, the finish is very realistic, what ever problems were had with the decals don't show on the finished model.

well worth five stars in my book :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I turn my back for a few days and look what pops up!

Simple or not Steve, that was one quick build.....and what a cracker too.

Really nice finish. Big 5* for sure.

Cheers,

Ron

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Fantastic job steve , the finish looks perfect. 5 star build , cheers tony

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
I see a masterpiece here Steve mate, love it. big *****.

Have fun, John