Deagostini Millennium Falcoln

A

andyrobs

I have just found out the DeAgostini millennium falcon part work is now re-released, and my partner has agreed to me subscribing and building it. (she is subscribing to the quilting one!!!)

I know this gonna cost quite a bit, but it is over a couple of years, and it does build up into a helluva looking kit, which is a 1:1 reproduction of the model used in the original films.

So now all I have to do is wait for the first instalment to be posted out, then the build begins!!!

Cheers Andrew

P

Polux

Nice!!

Well....I will be here during those two years :P so don't forget to post the updates!!

About the money...I think is all relative. Maybe someone will buy a cheaper version, but then, will buy a lots of kits that he never will build. :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I'm waiting until I have the whole thing before I start to build it , I'm up to issue 49 so far

A

andyrobs

\ said:
Nice!!
Well....I will be here during those two years :P so don't forget to post the updates!!

About the money...I think is all relative. Maybe someone will buy a cheaper version, but then, will buy a lots of kits that he never will build. :smiling3:
I agree, and when you take into account the fact I don't smoke, or drink (much!!!!) its probably a better way to spend my money!!!!

Cheers, Andrew

A

andyrobs

\ said:
I'm waiting until I have the whole thing before I start to build it , I'm up to issue 49 so far
I haven't got your patience I don't think Alan to collect it all first!!!!

Cheers Andrew

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I haven't got your patience I don't think Alan to collect it all first!!!!
Cheers Andrew
Nor me Andy it's just a necessity due to having limited space at the moment , I'm at the moment sorting out storage so I can make space for it , there's a good chance it will have to go in the living room if nothing else it's a conversation starter:smiling3:

D

delmonteman

I can't even justify it to myself, let alone the missus! It does look an awesome piece of kit though. What's the size of it, when completed?

A

andyrobs

\ said:
I can't even justify it to myself, let alone the missus! It does look an awesome piece of kit though. What's the size of it, when completed?
Its about 80cm x 60cm x 20cm so a bit of a beast. And my missus was cool about me getting, so its win win!!!!

Cheers Andrew

D

dougie

You will only justify it for a bit, you will forget about it later. I have my issues stacking up... Looks like it will be great.

Have a look at the Shapeways 808bits stuff by Tony is great. I've bought some and it looks great

A

andyrobs

Hi guys, well I received my first delivery, and was surprised/disappointed to discover it was what should have been the second, with issues 2 and 3, and the first free gift. I thought I'd check my subscription status online to see what was happening with the first issue, only to get a message saying my email address wasn't recognised.

I then thought I'd ring their customer Service line. After a few minutes I got through to a lady who's English was terrible, and we could hardly understand each other. She finally managed to let me know issue 1 was out of stock, but I would receive it on January 29th. So overall not great service early on from de agostini.

Anywho, rant over, heres what I received, a rather nice tee shirt.....

P1010343.JPG

P1010344.JPG

.....and issues 2 and 3, including a screwdriver for assembly purposes......

P1010346.JPG

P1010345.JPG

.....now just gotta wait till the end of January for the first issue, then I'm gonna make a start, so more progress then folks!!!!

Cheers Andrew

A

andyrobs

Well here we go, compared to my normal glacial build speed, this has flown along.

The cockpit is pretty much done for now......

P1010355.JPG

P1010356.JPG

......and the first of the gun turrets.....

P1010353.JPG

P1010354.JPG

....I'm debating whether or not to drill the barrels out on the quad lasers, what do ya all think?

I picked these up from where I work at Screwfix....

P1010357.JPG

P1010358.JPG

.....loads of deep adjustable storage for all the different sub structures.

I'm off work tomorrow so I'm hoping to start on the framework.

Cheers Andrew

S

stuart.c.82

Loving the boxes!! They have something similar (smaller) at lidl this week... About 3-4 quid

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
the cockpit,looks nice,and a good start,as well, ;)

S

snapper41

I guess it's horses for courses, but I could never understand these part-work things; years to collect, and at enormous cost.

A

andyrobs

Hi guys, thanks for all your comments, Andy I do kind of agree with you, but the flip side is the cost is spread over the couple of years. And as I don't smoke, or drink (much!!!!!) I thought I'd build it.

Cheers Andrew

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I would love to make this but it is the cost, just cannot afford it. But it does look good I must admit.

I will stick with my 1/72 version.

img_3247-jpg.130094.jpg

img_3248-jpg.130097.jpg

p9037809-jpg.130163.jpg

Are you lighting yours Rob?