Desert Stuka

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Now my Vampire is off the bench (thankfully) I need a nice straightforward build. I've built the new tool Airfix Stuka before, as part of the Dogfight Double, so I know it goes together well, and this was gathering dust in the stash:
P1170599.JPG
You might notice that I spared no expense getting this one, at £4 from a local charity shop.
Here's some sprue shots:
P1170601.JPGP1170602.JPG
And the decals:
P1170603.JPG
In spite of that 'snake' decal, I'm going to do the desert scheme. I was tempted by the RAF scheme though.
P1170604.JPG
I'm not taking any chances with paints this time, I've got Mr Hobby Aqueous for the RLM02 interior, and Vallejo Model Air for all the others.
P1170605.JPG
More tomorrow, I hope.
Pete

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
oooo following. I was just looking into getting a 1:32 Trumpeter kit for this aircraft and the Eaglecals decal sheet to go with it.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
I really should build one of those one day.....but with 100+ kits in the stash it would probably just gather dust!

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
I've been distracted by various domestic things for a few days, but managed to get the cockpit finished and the fuselage closed up:
P1170606.JPGP1170607.JPG
Excellent fit, as expected. Just needed a tiny spot of Mr Dissolved Putty on the seam.
Pete

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
I just caught up with your build Cheap Pete!!! Nice kit at a nice price and some great work you're doing so far too. A bit too tiny for my peepers. I sold my Trumpy 1/32 Stuka because it wouldn't fit in my spray booth. I'll follow along to see what I maybe could have made of mine if I hadn't sold it...

Prost
Allen

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
A bit more done:
P1170608.JPGP1170609.JPG
Starting to look like an aircraft now! Note that I've used no filler at all on the wing root to fuselage join. I have filled a couple of seams underneath the wings, in line with the undercarriage legs - there should be visible seams, but not quite as wide as these came out. I'd have been quite happy with them if I hadn't looked at photos of the Hendon Stuka.
Next up is the engine and cowl, but that'll probably be a few days away as I've a car show tomorrow with my TR4A and the granddaughter is going to bring her lawnmower round for a replacement cable.
Pete

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Lovely stuff :smiling3:
Impressive with the "no need for filler" on the wing roots,(get me with my faux Wingy builder knowledge!! ;) ), obviously the sign of a quality kit. :smiling3:
As I said previously,I do love a Stuka,and this makes me wanna break out my 1/48 Italeri one!
Great stuff Pete,
Andy

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Apologies for the lack of updates folks, it's been a bit hectic here, what with getting a puncture (unrepairable - £££), visits from the grandkids, the garage got flooded by overflowing drains, the cat's been ill, the washing machine blocked up, then, this morning, the kettle packed in!
Anyway, here's a couple of pics:
P1170610.JPGP1170611.JPG
I did have the canopy on earlier today, but it wasn't sitting right so I took it off. I need to get that fitted as it's the easiest way to mask the cockpit, then I can splash some paint about.
Pete