Developing a new modelling room

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
The worst we had was the carpet fitters arrived to fit the main bedroom carpet when the decorator was painting the skirting boards. Luckily they just laughed and happily came back a few days later.
I do agree that tea/coffee and biscuits and a bit of friendly banter really helps things to go smoothly.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Now, using a bedroom ONLY for sleeping…. Mmm now that’s a novel thought. Better not say any more on that subject, let’s just say that I am not totally giving up on the ladies despite my age.
(Barry qoute)

WELL said Barry got to keep in with the ladies lol no harm in having a lady freind hope you find one who dont mind your modeling side
chris

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
An update, progress so far.

I have moved my modelling stuff and most built models into the room.

I have booked a man about the carpet, an electrician, a decorator and someone to measure up for blinds. All the above will be sorted by the 12th September.

I won’t be buying the benches and shelving until the decorating, power points and carpet are done but I have identified and priced what I need.

54C89076-A59B-4BD9-80C8-932A4A96FF84.jpeg9C454046-23EA-4425-BDEB-275230119825.jpeg

On a broader front my biggest problem is that the kitchen won’t be installed until January. It’s all agreed. It won’t stop me moving in but I won’t have a washing machine until then or a decent fridge. I will have to make do and I am looking for a laundering service.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
An update, progress so far.

I have moved my modelling stuff and most built models into the room.

I have booked a man about the carpet, an electrician, a decorator and someone to measure up for blinds. All the above will be sorted by the 12th September.

I won’t be buying the benches and shelving until the decorating, power points and carpet are done but I have identified and priced what I need.

View attachment 432348View attachment 432349

On a broader front my biggest problem is that the kitchen won’t be installed until January. It’s all agreed. It won’t stop me moving in but I won’t have a washing machine until then or a decent fridge. I will have to make do and I am looking for a laundering service.
Youre getting there barry an it will be nice to see you start your build again eh
chris

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
It is amazing just how much you can get in that double wardrobe. Almost everything out of the way of the carpet fitters and decorators. Just a couple of models I could not get in and six left to transport.
06D8BF92-94C9-41AA-B3CF-A104131583E4.jpeg

This is all that’s left outside the wardrobe.
14DA7C78-D164-468D-A6C3-03D5BEC7C9AA.jpeg

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
The electrician has been in today.

He finished the lounge and bedroom and done the worse part of the modelling room. He will finish that and kitchen tomorrow.

This is how the modelling room looks now.

5F124CCF-31AA-4960-B4E5-9F05944D6D7D.jpeg

You can where I am having some outlets above the desk and Hobby Zone modules. The spray area is at the other end of the window.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
The electrician has been in today.

He finished the lounge and bedroom and done the worse part of the modelling room. He will finish that and kitchen tomorrow.

This is how the modelling room looks now.

View attachment 432655

You can where I am having some outlets above the desk and Hobby Zone modules. The spray area is at the other end of the window.
Nice and neat chasing Barry, these days with a modern channel cutter with full dust control long gone are the days of mess and cracked plaster.

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Thanks John.

Here is how it is now. Currently I am in awaiting Curry’s to fit a 65 inch tv on the lounge wall along with the surround system. The decorators are in again later as well but the lounge and bedroom are the priorities as I want to move in by next Monday. Not sure about when the carpets will be fitted, hopefully not long.

image.jpg

In a way the whole flat will be a bit of a man-cave with the lounge being a home cinema… I will try not to make the bedroom and lounge overly masculine though, as I don’t want lady visitors to be uncomfortable….

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Thanks John.

Here is how it is now. Currently I am in awaiting Curry’s to fit a 65 inch tv on the lounge wall along with the surround system. The decorators are in again later as well but the lounge and bedroom are the priorities as I want to move in by next Monday. Not sure about when the carpets will be fitted, hopefully not long.

View attachment 433035

In a way the whole flat will be a bit of a man-cave with the lounge being a home cinema… I will try not to make the bedroom and lounge overly masculine though, as I don’t want lady visitors to be uncomfortable….
A couple of scatter cushions, job done! ;)

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Barry
Looking good. Once the carpet is down you can concentrate on the 'stuff' directly relating to building your models. Perhaps the more exciting jobs from now on.
Jim

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Coming together nicely mate. If all those sockets are on together you better check the street lights don't dim lol.
LOL. All professionally installed and all will carry a lowish load. For instance, a light and extractor booth will run at the same time, occasionally the compressor will kick in and a paint mixer but the latter never at the same time as the compressor. A light may be left on over the workbench as well, of course. Nothing is a heavy load and that number of electrical points is more about convenience. The flat is very well heated by gas.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That's the messy side done then Barry, now on to the fun side. Enjoy.