Doctor Cranky's New Build (WIP--"THE ZOMBIE CRUSHER")

D

Doctor Cranky

Hello, folks, decided to build yet another Toothless Zombie Hunter Squad vehicle for my growing collection, this time as you can see I opted for something that would really do the job right. It also marks another happy combination of Warhammer 40K bits and the Revell 2009 Dodge Challenger.

Here are a few pics to keep your enjoyment at a maximum! LOL.

This is Warhammer 40K meets Revell's 2009 Challenger. Indeed, I think they make a good match . . .

If you are a Zombie and you see this one coming, you better get out of the way!

Stay tuned in for more . . . .

D

dm73

This is great, i love this stuff! wouldn't look out of place on another Mad Max film

D

Doctor Cranky

Not at all, and these types of builds are just lots of stress-free fun between shiny-buff-your-heart-out builds! Stay tuned in for more . . . primer is drying.

D

Doctor Cranky

Here are all the parts of this build in primer . . . Plastikote all the way . . .

I really like the uniformity that primer brings the styrene . . . a great canvas awaits!

One more:

Believe it or not, those are all the parts that will need to be painted and weathered . . .

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That looks like fun. That reminds me, Death race is on the box tonight....

Ian M

D

Doctor Cranky

Those movies are really idea sparkers! "Sparkers," is that a word? Hum . . .

B

Bunkerbarge

The best bit is that no-one can say it's wrong!

Brilliant bit of plastic bashing but I have to admit I'm really looking forward to the weathering.

S

Sky Raider

Sound peice of work, wonder if i can get one for a company car, would be great on the M6 lol

Andy

D

Doctor Cranky

Richard, I have to say I am looking forward to the painting. I am leaning towards the color grey, but also a cammo paintjob I saw Phil Stutcinkas do on a Forge World tank in his co-edited volume MODEL MASTERCLASS.

We'll see in the coming days what will happen.

D

Doctor Cranky

After the primer dried, the next two coats of paint went on the model . . . my Iwata Eclipse is rising to the challenge once again, and the Vallejo Model Air paint is working beautifully, stay tuned in for more pictures . . .

D

Doctor Cranky

Here's the first basecoat of greyblack . . . this is going to provide all the shadows and subtle shade to the model . . .

D

Doctor Cranky

Here's some of the grey basecoat going on . . . there will be three shades of grey: medium, medium-light, and light.

This picture perfectly shows the color gradation (CM) between the three stages . . . from light to dark . . .

D

Doctor Cranky

Here is another good picture that shows the three colors being used. Remember the body already has 3 grey shades in the modulation. The tanks in the back have the medium-light shade, and the turret is still in the medium grey shade, and this gives you an idea of the subtlety. I hope you can see it.

Another angle:

And one more:

Let me know what you think, please . . . there's still PLENTY OF MORE WORK to be done on this one!

D

Doctor Cranky

Here's the body before masking . . . I mixed a little bit of khaki and the med grey and then using the Micron C I added a bit more interest around details and panels . . .

D

Doctor Cranky

Here's the taping for the cammo, a really random pattern, so let's keep our fingers crossed . . . see what happens . . .

D

Doctor Cranky

All right, the moment of truth . . . the unveiling of the paint . . . I have to say I like it but now it's just crying out for some chipping and weathering (LOL! A build is never finished!)

D

Doctor Cranky

Doctor Cranky is salivatin' for this one to get some weathering but I'm going to start the weathering with the chassis and the Zombie crucher/crusher/roller first!

Here are a couple of more pics, hope you won't mind:

M

m1ks

Amazing what can be done with a mix of parts and a good imagination, I wouldn't know where to start with something like that.

Looking forward to the weathering, keep it coming.

D

Doctor Cranky

Thanks, chap. I'm letting everything sit overnight to dry thoroughly and then I will have more tomorrow. Stay tuned in . . .

B

Bunkerbarge

Virgil just a question about your procedure, you go to so much trouble to get shading in your base camoflage colour of grey but then only put a single tone of the second camoflage colour, the brown. Do you think it would generate a more even effect if you did the shading over the two colours so apply the grey and then the brown and then applied filters over them both?

It seems like such a lot of the earlier work with the grey has subsequently been covered over with the brown camoflage.