Doctor Cranky's New Build (WIP--"THE ZOMBIE CRUSHER")

F

Fenlander

Great stuff as usual Virgil and I am enjoying the videos as well, very inspiring. I see on one of the video comments that you are looking at having a go at a burned out vehicle. I am just starting on that very project now for my Normandy Group Build. Well, a part burned out one anyway. If you have any words of wisdom on this subject, I am all ears lol.

Love the work Virgil, keep it up, it is much appreciated.

D

Doctor Cranky

Thanks, Graham. Yes, I've been doing research (believe it or not) on burned out vehicles, mostly cars . . . but I have yet to do a model car because I haven't decided on time period. My friend works for an insurance company and he's been sharing pictures with me. Most contemporary cars are all plastic for the most part, so there's usually not much left.

I am going to do something out of the 60s maybe . . . my inspiration is coming from Mig Jimenez and a few other military builders . . .

D

Doctor Cranky

Thanks, my friends . . . I am finally getting there with THE ZOMBIE CRUSHER . . . it's been a slow process and a few sleepless nights, but okay. All Doctor Cranky can say is thank heavens for hairdryers. LOL! :smiling5:

Here's where's it's at right now.

PS--I am going to have pictures taken next so that you can see some of the textures and details which are hard to see in the videos.

D

Doctor Cranky

Doctor Cranky is pleased with the results, but there's still lots of tweaking and detailing left to be done . . . including the Zombie blood and guts! :o :unsure: :blink:

Here's where the Good Doctor is leaving off for the night . . .

If they would give out Nobel Prizes for breakthroughs in model building products, they should give it to Mig Jimenez for coming up with these pigments.

D

Doctor Cranky

One of the exciting things about building models is definitely when things come together, from idea to execution . . . lots of fun and if I were a Zombie I would definitely get out of the way . . . LOL!

F

Fenlander

Sadly, if I was a Zombie I would be thinking "that looks so good I could eat it......" SPLAT!!!!

Very nice as usual Virgil. Gone forever are the days of a single colour on vehicles for me.

B

Bunkerbarge

Absolutely superb Virgil, yet again and quite an inspiration. I actually watched one of Mig Jiminezs' DVD's last night and found it very enjoyable and informative. The effects that guy can get on a tank hull are pretty amazing as well.

Great tutorial and a brilliant model, many thanks for taking the time to share it with us.

D

Doctor Cranky

Thanks, gents, and Graham, you are right. I feel the same way . . . out on the streets all you see are cars, even if new, already taking on all sorts of natural force weathering . . . rain, dust, soot, etc . . .

Richard, Mig Jimenez is amazing when it comes down down building just about anything. His background in art really has paid off.

T

treyzx10r

Very outstanding results,and quite informative as well. Nicely done Virgil!

D

Doctor Cranky

Thanks, Trey . . . now I am trying to figure out how I can add some Zombie parts to the roller and some Zombie blood spatter . . . the fun never ends. LOL.

N

noobian

I had to make a profile just to comment and tell you how SICK this model is!!! I would have never imagined to mix and match car parts and Warhammer pieces! I just picked up my hobby of building models again after many many years of not building. This and some of the work that Tyrel has posted get me pumped to start building again. Very talented and very cool! I love it!!!!

D

dean_567

that looks amazing!! brilliant mix of dodge & warhammer kits :smiling3:

V

VintageJDM

Incredible build mate, thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Can anyone post a link to a tutorial for the "salt" method???

thank you.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
If you want rust this is the place to look Welcome to the Mig Productions Forum! • Information

Ian M