Dougs completed Challenger 2 TES by Ryefield

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Here goes; death by .JPG!!
It's been a journey as most of you who maybe followed the build know but I got there. After a spell of what have I chosen for a second build it's finally - Job Done.
Loads of faults, most I'm aware of as I made them - so fill yer boots. Have your say, good or bad, I can only learn from it.
Thanks for looking in.
IMG_0930.JPG

IMG_0931.JPG

IMG_0932.JPG

IMG_0933.JPG

IMG_0934.JPG

IMG_0935.JPG

IMG_0936.JPG

IMG_0937.JPG

IMG_0938.JPGIMG_0939.JPG

IMG_0940.JPG

IMG_0941.JPG

OK, as they say, "That's All Folks"
Link here for the build if you wish to have a read!!
Link to the Build of CH2 TES

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
As far as I am concerned, for your first tank, that is excellent. Well done. :thumb2:
John.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Excellent result Doug.....now that you've got the hang of it....the next one will be a lot easier. ;)

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
That's very good Doug. Shame about those antennae as you said, but the rest of the model looks great.
Pete

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Nice one Doug, Nice one indeed..given that tanks tend to end up looking a bit battered with use I wouldn't worry to much about the antenna,

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
That is a rather good job for your first tank kit in how many years? Or was it ever? :smiling3:

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Well done Doug it looks really good.
Thank you Mick.
As far as I am concerned, for your first tank, that is excellent. Well done. :thumb2:
John.
Thanks John.
Excellent result Doug.....now that you've got the hang of it....the next one will be a lot easier. ;)
Rick, SWIMBO chose the next one so it's all down to her!!
That's very good Doug. Shame about those antennae as you said, but the rest of the model looks great.
Pete
Thanks Pete. I blame the mechanics leaning against them!! ;)
Nice one Doug, Nice one indeed..given that tanks tend to end up looking a bit battered with use I wouldn't worry to much about the antenna,
Agree Chris, when you watch what they get up just around the training areas it's easy to see how they get a tad battered!!!
Great result Doug.
Cheers Jim.
That is a rather good job for your first tank kit in how many years? Or was it ever? :smiling3:
First ever Jakko!!

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Well Doug, I have been 'quietly' with you on your build of late. Sorry for that Sir......But, your war with the build is over and look what you have built...And finished. A fantastic looking Chally and a whole lot of knowledge in your pocket too boot. I really think you should be proud of this!!! Honestly Doug, the only thing I can see that might be missing is a couple bottles of beer and 2 stools for the bistro table on the turret.......

Outstanding finish Sir!!!...

Prost
Allen

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
That's a cracker mate well done.
Thank you Paul. It'll be a while before I get like your good self, Jakko, Mick et al!! Second thoughts, I'll never get like you guys, scratchery scares me rigid!!!! The tow cables were my current limit!! (I have to admit to keeping the unused PE - just in case I see a need).
Nailed it.
Great job Doug.
Thank you Ian.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Well Doug, I have been 'quietly' with you on your build of late. Sorry for that Sir......But, your war with the build is over and look what you have built...And finished. A fantastic looking Chally and a whole lot of knowledge in your pocket too boot. I really think you should be proud of this!!! Honestly Doug, the only thing I can see that might be missing is a couple bottles of beer and 2 stools for the bistro table on the turret.......

Outstanding finish Sir!!!...

Prost
Allen
Thanks Allen, regards the beer, I doubt they would have it so visible. Rather the British way and have a brew going with a couple of clicky chairs!!!! It would be rude not to use it!!!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks pretty fine to me. Not an east subject either…..

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Nice !!!

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Yep,
Gotta agree with the guys....
.... a cracking finish there Doug:cool:
..... Well done mate:thumb2:

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Looks pretty fine to me. Not an east subject either…..
Thanks Tim, I did think maybe for a second kit I might have had bigger expectations and less ability. But the advice on here really helped in making decisions and what direction I needed to go. Can't thank every one of you all that commented and gave likes etc. For newbies like myself, (even old newbs), it gives you the confidence to progress and to enjoy it.
Thank you Andrew.
Yep,
Gotta agree with the guys....
.... a cracking finish there Doug:cool:
..... Well done mate:thumb2:
Thanks Andy, and for the encouragement throughout. :thumb2:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
That's pretty good for your first tank Doug, even if the head is crying to add large rotor blades on the top and a small one to the back plus four little wheels in place of tracks.:smiling3: Heard you're next building a smooth finish kit that sounds like the Fab Four...good variety to hone skills.
Should be proud of your Challenger with its own challenge of communications :smiling6:...part of wear and tear weathering. It is a good build none the less.

Cheers,
Wabble