Dragon 1 35 StuG with Zimmerit, a blast from the past!!

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Looks like it has all the upgrades. Beautiful job. Chain & waffle pattern look right on. Can't imagine the factory weather seal had much of a life. PaulE
Hi Paul, cannot take credit for the zimmerit, its part of the kit lol. The chain is all my hard work!!

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Looking good Bob. Nice to see another stug getting the Bob treatment.
Very kind Tim, i like StuG' by the way ;)

And on we go, using a Mr Hobby modulation set, put down two thin layers of dark yellow.

I have tried to show tonal variations by playing about with distance and paint applied, so hopefully it does not look factory fresh

20210513_122001.jpg
20210513_122015.jpg
20210513_122006.jpg
20210513_122021.jpg
I think i did ok? Next up

Decals, tools, chipping etc,

On another note, sooooo glad i bought the Iwata TRN trigger airbrush its really helped me, superb.

Last edited:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Think you have mastered the painting Bob, some really nice shading on that old tarp.

In reply to your mirth about my gap :smiling3:, I think they thought there was little chance of getting near such a beast so went for a vodka.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Think you have mastered the painting Bob, some really nice shading on that old tarp.

In reply to your mirth about my gap :smiling3:, I think they thought there was little chance of getting near such a beast so went for a vodka.
Cheers John

Think this is my best paint job yet? Very pleased so far, but it can go pear shaped quickly lol.

Quick 7.5 cm up the old gap would do it ;)

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Cheers John

Think this is my best paint job yet? Very pleased so far, but it can go pear shaped quickly lol.

Quick 7.5 cm up the old gap would do it ;)
That's very mean. :cold-sweat:

As for this gap I can't see how it can be filled, might show it on the thread and let some members suggest what to do.
I know how you feel about the new ab, feel delighted with my Iwata, apart from the very small nozzle , which is a devil to see when it's removed it's a pleasure to use.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Well, spelled wrong or not Bob, that Sd.Kfz. 142 is coming along nicely under paint :tongue-out3: .

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
That's very mean. :cold-sweat:

As for this gap I can't see how it can be filled, might show it on the thread and let some members suggest what to do.
I know how you feel about the new ab, feel delighted with my Iwata, apart from the very small nozzle , which is a devil to see when it's removed it's a pleasure to use.
Is it normal, post a pic please?
Well, spelled wrong or not Bob, that Sd.Kfz. 142 is coming along nicely under paint :tongue-out3: .
That will do Tim, you are learning sir!!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Very kind Tim, i like StuG' by the way ;)

And on we go, using a Mr Hobby modulation set, put down two thin layers of dark yellow.

I have tried to show tonal variations by playing about with distance and paint applied, so hopefully it does not look factory fresh

View attachment 423049
View attachment 423050
View attachment 423052
View attachment 423053
I think i did ok? Next up

Decals, tools, chipping etc,

On another note, sooooo glad i bought the Iwata TRN trigger airbrush its really helped me, superb.
Bob to me that stug looks real cant say anymore than that very well done boyo
chris

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
The Stug is looking very good Bob, the chain on the gun crutch is a nice detail.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Started on the tools. For the first time, trying to jazz them up!

Used grey and rust washes, plus oils. Starting to like using oils! Feel a landscape coming on:thumb2:
20210521_123106.jpg
20210521_123125.jpg

Feel free to say they are not good enough, trying to expand my lack of skill lol

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Loving the head on the barrel swab Bob. Looks great. Oils are fun, you can push them around forever!

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Loving the head on the barrel swab Bob. Looks great. Oils are fun, you can push them around forever!
Thanks Tim, glad you like them!!

Using ammo oil brushers, nice and easy to use

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Started on the tools. For the first time, trying to jazz them up!

Used grey and rust washes, plus oils. Starting to like using oils! Feel a landscape coming on:thumb2:
View attachment 424084
View attachment 424085

Feel free to say they are not good enough, trying to expand my lack of skill lol
Liking them, keep working on them, and it'll become second nature