dragon su-100

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
well after ian confirmed my thoughts heres what ive done now the second question would it be green or the red primer if you think it is the second i can easily change it oh and ive got to tone down the green down a little to BRIGHT!!!!

and started to mud it up one more small coat less is more kind of

cheers for looking in

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Not sure about the primer, but in theory they could of painted the tank then put the covers on.. :smiling: I would just tone it down a bit then give it a bit of gunk and grime around that, wonderfully panted exhaust pipe, (which might benefit from a dab of oily black up the inside, not even my cars exhaust is that clean inside lol ).

(Sorry I have just been giving my quad a once over and my eye is in micro mode at the minute)

Ian M

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
dont worry about it"if you see it say it" as a game show host use to say cheers for tips keep them coming

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
This is what i've heard, "there was no time to prime them at all, so just two layers of the same paint". But that was for the KV's, it may of been the same for the SU's too. Like Ian, tone it a little and away you go.

Have fun, John

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
well finished finally just got the tracks to put on and give the front and back wheels some metallic shine and on to finishing the base

A

Andy

That is fantastic, simply stunning - love the detail!

What did you use for the mud?

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
cheers andy thank you very much i do blush..and the mud is mud from my back garden mixed with the pva add more soil to give the darker colour

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
You have certainly beaten the Cr"p out of that one.

Loving it!

Can hardly wait to see the completed build. Is it going on a base or in a diorama?

Ian M

M

mobear

loving the job youve done on this mate,looks immense to me

mobear

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
On a dio scene if u back peddle on here a little u will see the base slowly getting there cheers for the kind words Ian bud

P

Polux

Terrific model John!! The weathering is soft and lovely, simply perfect.

I always like your finished color!! Is it a satin coat or that product are you all always talking about (Klear)??

I have to learn to do it!! Your models are great!! Well... if it's a secret and you are a spy and have to kill me after say it... Just take it easy!

Cheers!!

Polux

First Name
Chris
WOW! Truly awesome finish on this one, outstanding weathering and damage. If you can find a comp to put it in do it coz that's a first prize job there mate.

Good work that man!

Regards

Chris

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
\ said:
Terrific model John!! The weathering is soft and lovely, simply perfect. I always like your finished color!! Is it a satin coat or that product are you all always talking about (Klear)??

I have to learn to do it!! Your models are great!! Well... if it's a secret and you are a spy and have to kill me after say it... Just take it easy!

Cheers!!

Polux
hello polux well i do use klear to seal the transfers and some of the oils but the rest is just left to mix on the model and with giving that information i will let you live buddy...:1newwink:

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
\ said:
WOW! Truly awesome finish on this one, outstanding weathering and damage. If you can find a comp to put it in do it coz that's a first prize job there mate.Good work that man!

Regards

Chris
i dont know about that there are a lot better models on this very site but thank you anyway buddy and thanks for the very kind wordsgeegad

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Cheers Ian just finishing the tracks then on to doing the men get some pics up soon buddy

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
well finally finished the base it was like pulling teeth but got there in the end and just got to do a wash on the boys and then its sticky sticky down they go

thanks for looking in lads