Edward FW190A8 1\48

B

Buttonman

Started this in the wrong place, Bloody hard has taken me all weekend and lots of teddy throwing's out of pram, PE so small and fiddley some bits size of a pin head..

please be kind i've got hands like shovels.

Cheers

Martin

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Like this Martin :smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
If you can make that with a pair of shovels. I wonder what you could do with dainty youthful fingers!!!

That's a very nice office and I do like the look of that harness.

Ian M

B

Buttonman

Thank you all for the kind words, was very nervous,Flounder you have the same kit? have a look at the PE nice and pre painted but really small, thank argos for the magnifying glass and light that most of you own.

Roman how do you go so fast? the 1/48 pieces are so small and you virtually complete one in a few days?? your praise is most welcome..

Regards and Respect to you all.

Means a lot .

Martin

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Yes Martin i have the same kit. I've already been introduced to Eduard PE and know how small the little blighters can be lol

B

Bunkerbarge

I have to admit I find PE very difficult as well and end up with more bits stuck to the end of my tweezers than on the model!!

You've done a great job there and the harness looks superb. Don't worry you'll gain in confidence as you get more models under your belt.

First Name
Sebastijan aka Seb
That's some very nice start on the Würger!

B

Buttonman

Righto here we go , Cockpit fitted, Airframe glued, Forget who gave me advice to stick upper wings to fuselage first Thank you that worked a treat. now dry fitted lower wing section and the reason the advise was given, bit of a git to fit,( had a tax refund arrive last week so bought myself a dremel 300 with ext shaft)so shall be using my new toy to get it to fit.

Again thanks for all the advice and kind words.

Martin

B

Buttonman

Havn't had much time with this as i'd like, would any of you please give me some idea's for colours for wiring hydro lines and other stuff, as i wont to have every thing open top and side cowls you'll see in the photoes RLM02 is so boring.

Thanks in anticipation

Martin

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
As a generalisation hydraulic lines were brown,black or aluminium. Pneumatic hoses black. Electric wiring yellow.

Here's a view into the port weapon bay. The weapon has been removed.

The cannon would face to the left the ammunition fed from boxes within the fuselage,at the top of the picture (infront of the electrical gubbins). Casings and links were ejected via the chute at the bottom left of the picture. The EDSK-1 electrical distributer box would probably be black,the wiring yellow.

Here's a view into the wheel well.

The top of the main gear leg is just visible at top right. The radius arm has the wiring running down it and the black circular device in the spar is the electrically driven actuator,a rotating drive,for raising and lowering the gear.

Here's another view.

The leather clad arm to the right of the rotating drive,attached opposite the radius strut,is a sealed air jack. It was pressurised to 1400psi and spring loaded. It served,along with gravity,to lower and hold down the gear in the event of an electrical failiure.

There really isn't a lot inside the wheel well. You can muck it up a bit with a wash,make it look like a bit of oil or other fluids have got in there but that's about it.

Cheers

Steve

T

treyzx10r

Looking great Martin and Steve comes through with the goods yet again,what a great forum! Looking forward to seeing more of this build!

B

Buttonman

Wow them photo's are amazing, Thank you very much got just the right thing for the wireing, Gonna be tight in 1\48 but i'm gonna try.

Thank you for taking the time to post them meens a lot.

Cheers Trey more photoes by end of day,Hopefully.

Thanks again for helping

Martin

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking very good so far Martin and will look a lot better when you add the colour to the wires and pipes

B

Buttonman

Thanks Guys.

Have made the wire i found in me tackle box painted it yellow bent it and stuck it in ,Not that easy...

Massive hands tiny wire.

Gonna put some oily gunk in the wheel wells

And some canon residue in the wing and nose placements,and gotta wire up the nose guns.

Thanks for looking and all advice gladly received and used.

Cheers

Martin

Last edited:
B

Buttonman

Better pics

Will get the big guns out tomorow cos i even put the little brass wire retainers on.

Cheers again

Martin

PS; don't suppose you know what the two circular things are behind the top guns?

Last edited:
B

Buttonman

Thanks Mobear

Today gonna fill a few gaps then prime it do the black line thing then put a thin coat of alclad2 ,That stuff is amazing but a bugger to clean out of me airbrush couldn't afford the alclad ab cleaner but tamiya thinner's do it ok.

With what i've learn't from you guys the bf110 will have cables and wires added as i build cos it's fiddley as hell to fit them after everyting is glued and sealed,It'll make things alot easier,so thanks to every one.

Cheers

Martin

ps;any one got the blue prints for the wire loom of a BF110

Last edited:

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
There's some great detail going on there Martin.

Vaughan