Vajled

great work so far... what else to say :smiling3:

I'm following and enjoying

Roman

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Excellent stuff! Now you mustn't forget your brake lines.

Flexible hose at the top into an anodised aluminium brake line running down the front of the strut.

Into another flexible hose.

The aluminium brake line was a brown colour,not black.

The flexible hoses were this colour.

Or black.

The cable connected to the rotating drive,disappearing up through the top of the wheel well was part of the tail wheel retraction system.

Cheers

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mobear

you are gonna be demented fitting it all lol,class job so far though

mobear

B

Buttonman

Thanks guys, Steve photos are excellent more fiddley bits,I'll increase my Diazapan and Morphine.

Have put the Primer on last night ,Photoes to follow, that vallejo primer goes on lovely.

Thanks again for all your help

Cheers

Martin

B

Buttonman

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!f*********b******c*********m******f******A******s*******G**F**B*****C****...........:soapbox::ranting2::sobbing::pain::lala::death::AR15firing::bigmistake::asshole::zoo_taz::whatever::smile3:

Done everything i've learnt off you guys everything was coming along nicely just finished adding wireing and hydrolic lines cos i asked for help and you guys helped know end, So i'd primed it last night looked really nice then today i filled in all the lines like you guys didn't look to bad but my hands shake real bad any way didn't take any pics left it to dry, then got the Alcad2 Alluminium loaded the airbrush and started sprayingtop if the plane went on lovely turned it over sprayed away missus called me for me pills and a cup o tea went back to model room to be greeted by alcad crazy paving on most of the underside of me FW190. Cos it had cured tryed to wipe it off to no avail. any sugestions would be greatly appreciated,As i'm Gutted.

was too pi**ed of to take pictures of the crazy payving.

Rant over,Trying to hard

Martin

Patients is a virtue am not a virteous

V

Vajled

Hey Martin,

Yes... alu paints can be very very tricky... but... this is alu layer just for afterwards chipping effect or main color of Fw?

Let solve that in start...

Roman

B

Buttonman

Hi Roman how yo doin?

yes alli paint is for worn and chipped parts of plane the top of plane and both sides of wings.

The main crazy paving is underneath at the rear, so should be easy to cover up with some primer.

Have been carefully rubbing the affected parts with tamiya thinners and cotton buds and that has flattened it out, so am gonna try that this morning.

Heres hopeing

Martin

V

Vajled

still awekening, coffe in front of me and waiting to glued canopy on seatta dry :smiling3:

try with some sanding paper, very nice sanding paper... eg. #2000 grid

ROman

B

Buttonman

Cheers Roman can always count on you for good advice, will post pics later to show progress.

Of to the model room now.

Martin

T

treyzx10r

Martin,hope you get it sorted . I'm with Roman a light wet sanding w/2000 should do it.

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hey Martin. Hope you get this sorted out. sometimes when things start to go bad I put all my tools down and take a breather. I have often found that when I panick and rush in to correct something I make more of a mess. sometimes trying to rub down paint that isnt properly cured just leads to it peeling off and can cause more damage. Im more in danger of getting "Go Fever" and making mistakes as the model nears completion.Good luck with your repair. We have all been there.

Steve

B

Buttonman

Thanks guys

Gonna take a few days off modeling,as like you said making too many mistakes now, need too chill oh and paint the garden furniture as ordered by SWMBO :nurse:

can't get that wrong i hope.

Be back in a few days,Again thank you all for the advice

Cheers

Martin

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I've just caught up with this thread on a connection on which I can see your piccies. Minor disaster aside it's looking good. As others have said,we've all been there. Taking a breather is good advice,trying to rush to fix something almost invariably leads to even more trials and tribulations.

Don't overdo the chipping. These Luftwaffe aircraft were well looked after and,frankly,towards the end of the war didn't last long enough to become worn.

It's hard to explain just how short the life of a Luftwaffe fighter aircraft could be,even in the hands of an expert. Take Lt Georg-Peter Eder,a very capable pilot,as an example. He is remarkable first of all because unlike many of his contemporaries he survived the war. He flew 572 combat missions and was shot down SEVENTEEN times! He bailed out NINE times. He was wounded or injured on FOURTEEN ocassions. These numbers are inconceivable to an allied pilot. That's a lot of aircraft lost by one expert pilot and there are others with similar tallies. I have countless group photographs of Luftwaffe pilots and rarely did more than two or three in any given photo survive the war,sometimes none. They were not rotated out of combat like allied pilots. Most literally fought until they were injured or killed.

A typical late war month,May 1944. The Luftwaffe losses this month were 487 fighters and more importantly 276 fighter pilots.At the end of the month roughly half the aircraft on strength were replacements,less than a month old. This went on month after month. In reality you would be hard pushed to find any Luftwaffe front line fighter more than a few weeks old in 1944.

It's fighter pilot losses for the year so far (Jan-May) were 2,262 which equates to almost exactly 100% of its establishment.

In May 1944 the Luftwaffe fighter arm theoretically had 2,283 pilots available but their training was lacking and they were qualitatively inferior to their allied adversaries. Many Luftwaffe units had pilots "on the books" who were not deemed capable of flying combat missions and mercifully they were generally not allowed to.

I didn't mean to give a history lesson,sorry! I think a bit of context for a model is a good thing though and I do believe it is important to remember the immense sacrifice made by these young men,flying and losing their version of the BoB.

I'm looking forward to seeing your progress,whenever you get back to it.

Cheers

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Buttonman

Thanks for the intell steve much appreciated takes a bit of presure off. Roman's been giving me lots of ideas to help sort out my plane, been using SWMBO's nail pollish remover and it works a treat and that took a large weight off, All back to bare plastic now back to it tommorow.

Thanks eveyone

Martin

B

Buttonman

Righto nail polish remover also removes airplane paint so did it and washed it all off and just resprayed with primer.

Just give that a few hours to dry then first coat of paint, I hope.

Cheers

Martin

V

Vajled

Just keep up a good work Martin and all in the end will turn out good

Roman

First Name
Sebastijan aka Seb
wish you all the luck! Fw-190A series are my favorite WW2 fighters and have the same kit in my stash

B

Buttonman

Hey i'm back,

Right took all your very helpfull comments and nice words, have resprayed total nose as couldn't get it right also took me baals of bluetack off and wasn't really happy might respray that yet . Practiced freehanding and resprayed the nose all freehand which i think came out really well and try'd to do a bit of freehand on the flanks to touch it up looks not bad.

Thanks for looking

Martin