Emhar/Airfix /Revell1/72 WW1 somewhere in France dio

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
View attachment 83145

Hi everyone time for a change from planes and 1/16 figures. I have seen some great dios on the forum so inspired by you good people I'm attempting this little tribute/memorial to all the people from 1914~1918 I have all the vehicles and figures just need to come up with a plan for the base and ground works anyways thanks for looking comments interest and input that you may add cheers johnimage.jpg

P

Polux

Very nice models John.

How about some layout with two "levels", this makes the dio more interesting and attractive ;) like a bridge or the tank pass over a section of a bunker, with the soldiers running inside the structure...

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
hi John, great idea, I like the concept of it, and nice kits,

i think go for a battle field with trenchers and wire ,with shell holes as the tanks pushing forward :rolleyes: with troops following then

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
look forward to seeing the whippet progress.........i have the very same kit which i shall be doing in about a months time

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
This will be good....

John, picture this.....A muddy, shell cratered road - for the tanks - going past what is left of some farm buildings, with Tommy Atkins attacking and, or searching the rubble. You could always incorporate a trench system going through the buildings making it look like a strongpoint in the German defences......

Just another idea...I'm sure you'll get a good many more.

Let's have plenty of pictures when you start please.....

Cheers,

Ron

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Nice start john and that officer is smart a reall good job you've done on him :smiling3:

I'd make the male a wreck from a previous battle all muddy and burnt out with the British rushing the Hun accompanied by the Mka lots of mud and barbed wire and turn some of those troops into a dead bodies littering the battlefield :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great start,John, that office is great and well, done on him,:rolleyes:

like the sounds of what both Ron / Alan have said ;)

do like that red/brown you have used as a under coat o_O

looking forward to the next update

D

Deleted member 3568

Looking good interested in what you decide on will be watching this

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
View attachment 83259

More work in progress but horror of all horrors after looking at the box art for ref of colours for male tank I discovered the guns were clued on the wrong sides and upside down to boot doh! lol after very careful removal have now corrected my....... Mistake:eek: But they now need filler will add laterimage.jpg

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Wonderful work so far John. I couldn't put my finger on what seemed wrong with the MKIV on your first pictures, but now you've corrected the guns that was it.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Late shift today at work so no progress today but will sneak a couple of hours in this evening and hopefully bash up the tanks a bit with weathering rust and washes aiming to get both completed and will post pics ASAP WORK such an inconvenience to modelling projects lol :sad:

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
John, these looking great, the painting of the orificer :P is brilliant, hats off to a so far so good build :D

Lee :smiling3: