Emhar/Airfix /Revell1/72 WW1 somewhere in France dio

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
All those pieces are looking good John. Typical, German tanks turn up to spoil the party.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
wow John great work so far on the figures and horse, tanks all look great very well done in deed, ;)

that sounds a good idea, i saw in a ww 1 doc, that over 7000,horse were killed each day in some battle fields, :sad:

looking farwrd to the next update,keep up the great work,

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
I watched one last night Monica and by the end of the war over 250000 were killed Great Britain as it was once called ran out of them and had to have them shipped from America any that did survive we're rewarded by being butchered and sold to the French fortunately for the horses they were eventually replaced by armour. the soldiers held them in high regard and some would even risk there own lives to save their horse. One horse called warrior survived the whole of the war and went home with his officer and lived until 1946 I believe thers a book and DVD about him View attachment 85438

image.jpg

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Some Troopers of the Australian Light Horse Regiments and New Zealand Mounted Infantry Division executed their own horses prior to setting off for Gallipoli in 1915. Horses weren't need on the Gallipoli Peninsula and they didn't want to leave them with the Arabs. Sad stories.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
hi John,Joe,

oh wow thats is a super number ,pore things, and what they went through as well, was just so bad,i will look that one up, but it upsets me to watch

or read,

like the war horse,was upsetting ever those it had a happy ending,but still, and you would find the odd solider who did care for them and do his best but

so hard to do much at all

yes Joe, i have seen that in Doc,about the Aus/NZ with there horse,shooting as they did not wont to see them harmed,as in most cares a mounted solider

had a very strong bond with his horse as you said,

like me i grow up with horses, and always did my best for them,be it bad when i had one broke my foot so meany times i lost count, of it, and never took a wip to him for it,

and to go through all that badness and live and not able to go home was a bit unfair, and only the offices could take home there mounts,

and that being sold to the French for butchered ,well lucky im a lady and wont say what i think about it,

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Wonderful work John, just lovely. This is going to be a cracking dio when finished.

Si:smiling3:

Dustbin

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi John, Just found this and it's looking great so far. But please don't spoil it by using the Tadpole Mk IV as it was only an experimental version and was not used in battle. For in depth reference please visit http://www.landships.info/landships/index.html

Paul

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
\ said:
Hi John, Just found this and it's looking great so far. But please don't spoil it by using the Tadpole Mk IV as it was only an experimental version and was not used in battle. For in depth reference please visit http://www.landships.info/landships/index.htmlPaul
Thanks Paul for the heads up it will now be omitted from dio cheers John View attachment 85795

image.jpg

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Having to omit my tadpole from my dio I had to go out and get these as my dio at the mo will consist of three allied tanks a whippet artillery infantry and Calvary rushing a German strong point trenches/buildings or both or a bridge still undecided but I have plenty of time to think about it as I still have two tanks to build four german artillery guns and crews and about 100 infantry if I'm still sane after cleaning flash and painting these figures I will then decide on a dio and start building that watch the space for very slow progress as I have to step away from this when my enthusiasm and interest starts to flag and go build something else thanks for looking/comments and patience cheers John View attachment 85856

View attachment 85857

View attachment 85858

View attachment 85859

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Good heavens John. I can see a massive amount of work going into this. Lots of good things happening here.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
some nice additions you have there John. cannot wait to see more, ;)

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Hi everyone sorry about the slow progress on this but as I was working my way through it my dad was admitted to hospital and as been there about 6weeks now happily he is making a recovery albeit very slowly.i kinda lost my mojo/interest in this as it still needs lots of work.but I haven't forgot it and will make a return to it in the not to distant future just need to finish a few other things 1st thanks everyone regards John

Dustbin

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi John, Glad to hear your Dads recovering ok, certain things do have priority over modelling. Your kit mb72003 is for a tank that fought at Gaza and had a few differences to those used on the Western Front, I refer you back to the Landships website for more info. Or just go ahead and build your dio your way and enjoy making a commemoration to all those who fell, from all sides, in WW1.