We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
You are knocking it out of the park again!!:cool:

Looking immense, digging the weathing!:cool:

J

John Rixon

Can now see the amount of time you put into these dios, Jim! Fantastic use of paint, in the time honoured fine-art style - many layers of colours, ends up looking so real!

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
Can now see the amount of time you put into these dios, Jim! Fantastic use of paint, in the time honoured fine-art style - many layers of colours, ends up looking so real!
Thank you so much John, just getting started;) left this one alone for a while, got sidetracked with my "Soviet Steamrollers" but back on track now to the finish.............Jim:smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Top work Jim, that looks superb! Very authentic and great skills, really looks a muddy hell-hole.

Si:smiling3:

T

tommy1drop

Cracking work Jim, the basework looks superb, looking forward to seeing more, especially with the figures added;)

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
Cracking work Jim, the basework looks superb, looking forward to seeing more, especially with the figures added;)
Thanks Tommy, lots of dry brushing to do even on the ground work, still need to work up a bunch of debris, wire entanglements and casualties a real bloody mess:eek: will also fill shell holes with a foul greenish slime and a corpse or two for good measure hung in the wire:rolleyes:. Takes a bit of time to sort it all out but I'll make it work..................Jim:smiling3:

J

John Rixon

\ said:
Thank you so much John, just getting started;) left this one alone for a while, got sidetracked with my "Soviet Steamrollers" but back on track now to the finish.............Jim:smiling3:
Happens to me all the time! I'm now enjoying a break from tiny PE, and picking up a 1/48 spit, thats for a mate...canopies, eek!

S

scorched_earth_policy

Wow, what a hellish scene.

Amazing detail and build work, Jim. I love the level of thought going into it!

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
Wow, what a hellish scene.
Amazing detail and build work, Jim. I love the level of thought going into it!
Thanks Kris, Scenario revolves around the "Amiens" campaign which heralded the first use of the "Whippet" tank in any real numbers, used to exploit breeches in the German trenches and wreak havoc in rear areas. The Brits had soon learned that massive preparatory artillery barrages severely hampered tank maneuverability and chucked any chance at surprise, so only a light simultaneous rolling barrage just ahead of the attackers was used basically to keep the Germans heads down. Therefore many trenches were captured virtually intact.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
Took 'em long enough to figure it out, though!
Actually the whole tank warfare idea was trashed by British high command as non-sense. Dependence upon Espre De Corps and cavalry charges with the cold steel of the sabre was all that was needed to rout the Hun. They soon found out that a few three man machine gun crews with plenty of ammo could hold up entire armies with appalling "wastage" as they so flippantly described the lives of men and poor innocent horses. Thus the tank finally came into it's own and the rest my friend is historyView attachment 117937

WWI-British-Tank-Captured-By-Germans-9.jpg

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
oh how sweet she looks,dose she watch over you as you work away ,:rolleyes:

coming along very nicely ,Jim looking good with the figures started to be added,like the one in the shell hole, ;)

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
oh how sweet she looks,dose she watch over you as you work away ,:rolleyes:
coming along very nicely ,Jim looking good with the figures started to be added,like the one in the shell hole, ;)
Thanks Monica, they're not "set" in yet, just trying out some scenarios. They will only get in the way of ground-work, weathering etc... if they go in too soon, just thought the folks would want to see the gist of it. Still a long way to go........................Jim

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
Jim this is looking like another cracking build my friend.
Thanks Terry, can't seem to put in as much time as I'd like to on this one but it's getting there:oops: Can you believe I'm already thinking out my next major project:rolleyes: Have been diagnosed with MDA though:sad:...Major-Diorama-Affliction :eek: Quite incurable I'm afraid...............Jim:cool:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
Thanks Monica, they're not "set" in yet, just trying out some scenarios. They will only get in the way of ground-work, weathering etc... if they go in too soon, just thought the folks would want to see the gist of it. Still a long way to go........................Jim
yes yes ,always need to have a few go,s at placement,see what looks good to the eye, ;)

0ne48thtel

\ said:
Thanks Terry, can't seem to put in as much time as I'd like to on this one but it's getting there:oops: Can you believe I'm already thinking out my next major project:rolleyes: Have been diagnosed with MDA though:sad:...Major-Diorama-Affliction :eek: Quite incurable I'm afraid...............Jim:cool:
I know what you mean Jim I am finding he same with my build at the moment. To many other things going on! still the winter months will soon be here ;)

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Don't remind me

\ said:
I know what you mean Jim I am finding he same with my build at the moment. To many other things going on! still the winter months will soon be here ;)
Don't remind me,:oops: will have all this seasons logging done soon. Hopefully a few years worth pulled out this time. Once the sub-zero f temps and snows kick in we sleep with the bears. So have to make sure all the i's are dotted and all the t's are crossed. After wood comes hunting to stock the freezers and hopefully not too much snow by Thanksgiving {Nov 25}...........Jim:smiling3: