F-4U Corsair (Revell, 1/72) - step by step

V

Vajled

Hello all,How I promised Scott I will do step by step photo build.Nice plane for build, good details and plastic...Missing part No6... cant find it nowhere, even on sprue is NOT ANY NUMBER 6 and also on instruction sheet what shows sprue :smiling3:Never mind I manage to replace that... but it's shame for Revell... could be gear, wing...Always save extra parts from spru in one box... never know when they will be good for use (like mine shaft for spinner)And also.. I dont know a thing about this plane... never look... You will see on pictures that rudder is out of center?? I dont know if is should be like that or not? Here we goes

TO BE CONTINUED....

Cheers Roman

M

MrGotty

Looking great Roman, Watching this Step by Step is really helping :smiling3: Thanks, and I dont think the tail is supposed be out of center pretty sure if that was on a real aircraft, it would make it fly funny lol Keep up the great work :smiling3:

Thanks

Scott

S

Sky Raider

I love this plane. glad you are building it mate. Keep up the good work.

Andy

coachman

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi, I believe the fin was offset to counter the massive torque of the engine IIRC.John

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
That's right John I've just had a search on the web it was to do with the torque. The Corsair by all accounts was a bit of a pig to fly. By the way great photo build in the making Roman

Vaughan

Last edited by a moderator:

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
If memory serves me right the Corsair wouldn't look like this if it didn't have that big prop, good looking aircraft though. Going to be a nice build Roman, looking good.

Have fun, John

V

Vajled

STEP 3 :smiling3:

thx for folowwing me... and for nice comments

Preparing parts for gluing

Dry fit... looks good

Gluing wings

"Shaving" joints :smiling3:

[video=youtube;3xIytlpr2FI]

Wings are glued on the fuselage

Measuring wing tips... opsss right wing is little down

Corrected right wing... it's easy and usefull tip... glue is stil wet and you can easily move wing up or down

My tools what I'm using most and often

Cheap selfstanding clips :smiling3:

Hope you find something usefull

I'm really enjoying doing this :smiling3:

Cheers all

Roman

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Roman this a fantastic tutorial photo build. Great video too.

Vaughan

T

tecdes

Roman all I can say is you are phenomenon. Fascinating to watch.

Nice looking aircraft. Did not like USA WW11 at one time but they grow on you. Now have 3 to construct. The single seaters all have that chunky look with the radial engines unlike the R/Royce kitted aircraft. Like the prop. shaft feature. Early lesson never throw away unused pieces.

Laurie

J

James Q

Roman what a brilliant tutorial, Looking like another one of your fantastic builds.

P

phalinmegob

wasnt the missing shaft (number 6) on the sprue in your third picture just above the middle of the two upper wing pieces ?

M

MrGotty

Hey Roman, Loving this buddy, some really helpful tips :smiling3: I like the one showing how you made your selfstanding clips :smiling3: Might make myself one if I can find the bits for it :P

Thanks

Scott

V

Vajled

\ said:
wasnt the missing shaft (number 6) on the sprue in your third picture just above the middle of the two upper wing pieces ?
hehehe, yeap... you are right

i was looking at instruction sheet and there is number 0 instead no 6 and probably that confuse me.. and I cannot belive it I didnt see it on sprue...

apologise to all and revell :smiling3:

Roman

V

Vajled

STEP 4 :smiling3:

filling and removing putty from wing - fuselage joint

[video=youtube;HlsADjX5v58]

V

Vajled

STEP 5 :smiling3:

Cheers

Roman

P.S.

Hope I'm not boring with so many work all arround and this tutorial of mine

V

Vajled

STEP 6 :smiling3:

painting and detailing and gluing rest of parts...

next step is gloss coat

Paint is mixture of lufthansa blue 89% and anthrazit 20%

On eye look mutch bluish, not so good pics... I think when gloss came and better picture background will be mutch better...

here is pic or real airplane... I think I got it pritty ok

Cheers and good night... hehehhe, mybe to say good morning :smiling3:

Roman