F-4U Corsair (Revell, 1/72) - step by step

M

MrGotty

Looking good Roman, loving the step by step guides etc, simply brilliant pal :smiling3:

Scott

First Name
Drew
That's brilliant, glad you chose this plane too, it might be heresy but it's my favourite WWII plane, I just think it looks awesome!

Got one in my stash for a future project so I'll be coming back to this thread again!

V

Vajled

\ said:
Hi Romanwhat do you thin your Revell paint with?
thx guys a lot

Andy... I'm thinning them with water... nothing else

Roman

P.S:

daylight photos - mutch better

Last edited:
J

James Q

Roman this guide is fantastic and very helpful! Your doing a great job, as usual lol!

M

mobear

Roman this is pure jealousy on my (i hate you i hate you lol)dont really you build to such a high standard every time nad its never one or two a week,the lengths you go to,and the stuff i have learned is amazing.Thnx roman

mobear

A

AJay

Roman, I love this building tutorial and it's definitely very useful. Interesting about the Corsair's tail, too - I learn something new every day :smiling:

V

Vajled

STEP 7 - decaling

First of all I have put little blueish coat... now look mutch better...

I'm not sadisfiet wit color too mutch, I think it's turn out little grainy (hope term is ok)

I think revell made some progress with decals... before they was good, but these decals are something out of this time... fantastic to work with...

Well, decaling is finished, detailing is finished... have really nothing special to say about decaling... standard procedure... and Mr. Gunze setter

Next is coat of gloss and weathering and panel wash

Cheers

Roman

M

mobear

and so another master class draws to a close simply magnificent Roman

mobear

S

Sky Raider

Absolutely first class mate. And a great idea on the tutorial, has already come in useful i see.

Stunning

Andy

B

Buttonman

Hi Roman , you make it look so easy, shall be using your tutorial to do my 190.

Hope your still not in Syria.

best regards

Martin

P

pneupack

great tutorial and great pics, excellent work mate looks real class this site is fantastic for learning new tips you have done an excellent job here in presentation love it. This new hobby omg going to cost me money and the wife is not to happy about the space I need lol...

Robert

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Thanks for an excellent 'how to' Roman! Very welcome.

Gern

PS Very nice result on the Corsair too!

T

treyzx10r

:respect: Roman you're the Man! Outstanding thread ,thanks for taking the time and effort to post it up for us!!!

V

Vajled

Thx all for watching my work and I hope you have enjoyed like I am while was working on this bird.

Model is finished LINK

See you next with my Harrier in 1/48 and I hope so I will figure out how to make decals to finish F-104, Ju-88 and Spitfire

Cheers all

Roman

K

Keith9657

This is a marvellous thread and very helpful for beginners and the more seasoned builders among us. Could it not go into the tutorial section as a sticky? I think it would be of immense value to anyone who reads it.

Keith