Ferrari 360 Modena

D

dougie

Completed minus a couple of slight touch ups required.

Another hell of a learning curve. The wing mirrors have been knocked off a million times, the next set might get glued before painting or maybe a metal pin. Due to my body damage the windows don't have a seal strip around them so they look really bad, the a pillars broke about 5 times and one still needs a touch up and there are numerous dings in the paintwork from struggling with the windows which is so disappointing as it was perfect before that. :oops:

I have photographed this roughly and tried to show the better bits as I've admitted to the mistakes! Next stop is my BMW csl. On wards and hopefully upwards. :confused:

View media item 8557View media item 8551View media item 8549View media item 8558View media item 8548View media item 8556View media item 8555View media item 8554View media item 8553View media item 8559

And where it came from!

View media item 8338View media item 8335

D

dubster72

That's beautiful Dougie! Ace job on the bodywork, looks smoother than a politician lying about their expense account!

Hopefully the Beemer will be a hassle-free build ;)

First Name
Dave
Dougie, despite the problems you had and admitted to, you've done a splendiferous job. Praise where praise is due, that paint job both inside and out is admirable, the shine on the outer is nothing short of fantastic.

Loving the build quality, I've got both the Modena and the spyder in my stash, I'm inspired to do these now........better finish the GT500 first though!

All the best, Dave

D

dougie

\ said:
That's beautiful Dougie! Ace job on the bodywork, looks smoother than a politician lying about their expense account!
Hopefully the Beemer will be a hassle-free build ;)
Cheers mate, appreciate that. As we all do, I'm drawn to the flaws that I know are there! Great analogy there by the way, I don't think anything is that smooth though haha.

\ said:
Dougie, despite the problems you had and admitted to, you've done a splendiferous job. Praise where praise is due, that paint job both inside and out is admirable, the shine on the outer is nothing short of fantastic.
Loving the build quality, I've got both the Modena and the spyder in my stash, I'm inspired to do these now........better finish the GT500 first though!

All the best, Dave
Thanks mate, appreciate that! It really was flawless until the windows went so badly! The inside is not bad but I think I should have used less coats. The blank underneath adds a sort of shading and I think I blew that away. Glad to have learned a good few lessons again haha o_O