Finished Curtis Warhawk P40E Aleutian Tiger(without the tiger)

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Hi All

Here are the images of the finished Warhawk. All in all a good build with just a few niggles those being the tail section being separate, the gun barrels on the leading edge and the over thick canopy( I chose the closed canopy option). Any comments welcome. Thanks for all your helpful comments during the build.

Vaughan

View attachment 50869

View attachment 50870

View attachment 50871

View attachment 50872

View attachment 50873

View attachment 50874

View attachment 50875

View attachment 50876

View attachment 50877

View attachment 50878

View attachment 50879

View attachment 50880

View attachment 50881

View attachment 50882

View attachment 50883

View attachment 50884

View attachment 50885

IMG_1603.jpg

IMG_1604.jpg

IMG_1628.jpg

IMG_1633.jpg

IMG_1635.jpg

IMG_1636.jpg

IMG_1639.jpg

IMG_1640.jpg

IMG_1641.jpg

IMG_1642.jpg

IMG_1645.jpg

IMG_1649.jpg

IMG_1651.jpg

IMG_1654.jpg

IMG_1660.jpg

IMG_1661.jpg

IMG_1668.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Excellent job vaughan , flawless paintwork and build. Shame about the decal but it looks fine without ,still a 5 star job , cheers tony

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Wow thats one very well put together and painted warhawk. I like it a lot.

Five stars from me

Ian M

M

mobear

the weld marks on the exhaust and the way the detailing on the wings and the rest of the plane,is downright awesome,if there was a way to bottle your talent then i would be first inline to buy it,5*s will never be enough for this build,Roman could still learn some techniques from you lol

mobear

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well Vaughan you have done it again, another stunning build well worth 5 stars if not more, looking forward to your next build

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Thanks for the comments guys and of course the *'s. Ole that's a great compliment but I think I've still got a lot to learn from Romans outstanding builds.

Vaughan

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I watched this one along the way and it is a beautiful build. I know its not easy to make Olive Drab look realistic so very well done with that too. Top job.

Cheers

Steve

M

mobear

i thinks not baby puppy,speed and niceness on romans side,but precision and beauty on your side me thinks lol

mobear

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great work Vaughan, this has finished as a real nice P40. You should be very happy with that result.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Excellent job Vaughan. You've highlighted the detail really well.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
It's always a pleasure to watch your build photos Vaughan. You somehow make the modelling process come alive. Another stunning build gets my *****

Gern

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Said it once in your build thread so i'm going to say it here too, "sexy". Nice work Vaughan and five from me too.

Have fun, John

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Thanks guys,

Dave I like to record my progress but sometimes forget to take photos, you get so engrossed in the build and then stop and think I should have taken a photo, I think that they are helpful for me and others as it can highlight the pitfalls and subsequently work arounds that you come across during a build.

Vaughan

C

CDW

outstanding mate, it looks really natural .... you certainly have a talent !!!!

I'm a bit of a dimwit when it comes to building planes but still have a go occasionally, threads like this help no end (even if just the end result is shown) as i can still pick up weathering and build tips.

A

AJay

Fantastic work on a clean build, great paint job, and effective weathering. Oh, did I mention the photography? The way you've achieved your pics is what I try to do but fail.....lol Top stars :smiling3:

T

T. van Vuuren

Very nice! That canopy masking looks just perfect. Canopy masking is my weakness :sad:

Theuns

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Alex, believe it or not all photos were taken with my iPhone 4s. There was a slight amount of tweaking as in contrast and brightness but that's all. My photo studio consists of two pieces of A2 artist board and my modelling lamps. I used to to use a digital SLR but to be honest I got no better results and more faffing about into the bargain.

Vaughan

Last edited by a moderator:
T

treyzx10r

Vaughan you scored a direct hit with this build its simply stunning! Great all around weathering ,especially the exhaust staining. Spot on build ,very nicely done Sir! 5 well deserved stars !!!!

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Thanks Trey, I was trying to get a more accurate effect with the exhaust stains. I always presumed that they would be black but looking at images of the real plane they were paler and much more subtle. I'm really trying to perfect my weathering and I think I'm getting there.

Vaughan