Finished Curtis Warhawk P40E Aleutian Tiger(without the tiger)

T

tecdes

The art of perfection Vaughan.

Great model. I like the understated I call it wear & not weathering as that is what I think you have achieved. And....... I am mighty jealous. I do some of this but it is by accident poor workmanship. Superb finishing.

Also the perfection of the white banding. On my Catalina I decided to spray rather than apply decals & it is most difficult when the paint migrates down the panel lines as I found out.

Did you add the tubing/wiring on the undercart ? Looks good & gives reality.

The only thing I would mention. This is not criticism just a general thing on most photo displays on this forum. To have something in at least one picture, a figure, just to give scale to the aircraft tank or boat etc.

But that is not to deter in any way whatsoever at all as I only wish I could achieve this high level of finish that you have Vaughan.

Laurie

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Thanks for that Laurie

The white banding on the fuselage was difficult as it had to run down and under the wing fillets plus the fact that I should of added the band before the olive drab went down. I really thought I was going to struggle to get the white to cover and then end up with it too thick and loose detail but I pulled it off.

Yeah I see what you mean about putting something in the photo to show the scale I hadn't thought of it like that although saying that during the build there are things in the foreground-backgroud that show the scale. I just like the fact that nothing distracts from the model in the final photos but thanks for the observation. Forgot to say Laurie yes I did add the lead piping to the undercart

Vaughan

Last edited by a moderator: