First attempt!

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Mark,
That is a great result and especially given it's a first attempt. If I can offer some advice use a soft flat brush slightly dampened almost dry with oil turps and brush back towards the bolt heads to remove the tide line this will leave just the shadow at the joint HTH.

Laurie

SMF Supporter
Jersey, British Isles (not Great Britian)
First Name
Laurie
Thanks for the comments guys,my kids are about the only people really see my models and until I make a model of something with a touch screen they got no interest lol
Think this & next generation will have lossed the hands on Mark. Sad as it is so rewarding to use your imagination & hand skills to produce not only models but also all the DIY persuits. It has been a joy in life to do all of this. I have passed on to my eldest son, 55, & he has followed in my foot steps.

Low & behold my youngest son, 42, who I thought computer bound for ever (he is a film editor) has, he married late, begun to renovate their house. amazed completly. Can this be happening. Strengthen floors decor shelves. Whoops there we are Mark. Time yet

Laurie

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Mark,
That is a great result and especially given it's a first attempt. If I can offer some advice use a soft flat brush slightly dampened almost dry with oil turps and brush back towards the bolt heads to remove the tide line this will leave just the shadow at the joint HTH.
Thanks, I was quite pleased with rust but not so much with the wash as not really having a clue what I was doing at the time I used an acrylic wash over acrylic paint! Still, live and learn.

John Race

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks, I was quite pleased with rust but not so much with the wash as not really having a clue what I was doing at the time I used an acrylic wash over acrylic paint! Still, live and learn.
I would'nt worry to much Mark, that applies to many of us as well !