First Diaorama Attempt - Car MOT Garage - Work in progress!

P

Polux

ohhhh.....I'm sad.....you don't have any Land Rover :sad:

It's a joke !!! :smiling3: :smiling3:

Looking very nice, and the sign is a genial detail Curtis. Great!

Cheers

C

Curtis

haha, I will most probably end up changing the signage by the end of the build anyway, I get bored easily and like change!

C

CDW

Looking really good so far Curtis.

For build-up of debris etc I find blowing a mixture of scatter/leaves/dust into the nooks and crannies looks more effective than sprinkling the mixture on.

When I've sprinkled stuff about, sometimes it just looks ''clumpy'' if you get my meaning, blowing it about gets the finer stuff settling in the right places and looks a bit more realistic.

Just paint PVA where you need the stuff to settle.

C

Curtis

Good advice Colin - would you just use real leaves crushed up?

I'm going to do a couple more layers of the gravel, and miss out sections to try and get the effect that someones been driving over it.

C

CDW

I've used pot-pouri stuff before, and also dried leaves from the countryside.

I took a tip from Ron (spanner) and now have a jar full of sweepings from the front and back slabs, quite realistic in a diorama as there's all sizes off dust and gravel bits in it.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Superb mate, had to call back when this build developed. Top work mate. As Colin says PVA glue will fine for scatter, grass and sand etc, you can always sponge paint over the top for effect when dry.

Si:smiling3:

C

Curtis

I've done a couple of layers on gravel/sand, and the grass now, the sponge idea sounds good though! Might have to give that a try for some finishing touches. Just messing about with the interior now :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
As a suggestion add some grass on the gravel, near the edges, sparse surrounded by gravel, makes it look more natural, also add some other foliage near the buildings, a corner or something. This takes the clean lines of the dio away and gives a more realistic look. You're good building in wood so make a couple of pallets, weather then and stack them against a wall. Don't forget to add some oil stains on the floor and some scuffing and muck marks near switches etc.

N

noble

Hi Curtis

This is looking the dogs mate what a top quality scratch build.

scott

C

Curtis

Hi guys, sorry I haven't been on in a while, the build kind of got put on hold due to being very busy and finding no time whatsoever.

I'm going to be selling the garage on eBay, (creating listing now), as I can't find the time to complete it and don't want it to be stuck on top of a cupboard gathering dust!

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Hi guys, sorry I haven't been on in a while, the build kind of got put on hold due to being very busy and finding no time whatsoever.I'm going to be selling the garage on eBay, (creating listing now), as I can't find the time to complete it and don't want it to be stuck on top of a cupboard gathering dust!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! You'll get naff all for it and nobody will love it like you do! Seriously, that is a real shame that you have decided to get shut, but if you haven't the time then, as you say, it is just going to gather dust and never get finished. Put a link as maybe one of the guys will have it off you.

C

Curtis

My father in law has made a couple of dio's similar to this recently (albeit, not to the same standard), and has fetched quite a nice little sum via eBay, but anyway we will see how it goes.

I'm simply not going to be able to find the time to get it finished any time soon so i'd rather someone else have it and have a bash at getting it up to scratch =P plus I don't really have the room haha.

Anyway, heres a link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261305911629

I'll go post in the for sale section too.

C

Curtis

40 minutes left on my eBay auction for anyone who's interested?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261305911629?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649