First German plane, a Junkers Ju 88A-4 Bomber 1:72 scale Revell kit.

S

Saber

This one is going to take some time by the looks of it. Very nice looking kit with lots of lovely detail. The whole kit looks suburb and well made so I am really going to enjoy making this one :mrgreen:

Ok first up a look at the kit itself showing box art contents and a few shots of the instructions.

View attachment 49356View attachment 49368View attachment 49367View attachment 49366View attachment 49365View attachment 49364View attachment 49363View attachment 49362View attachment 49361View attachment 49360View attachment 49359View attachment 49357View attachment 49358View attachment 49369

As you can see its got lots in the box and the detail is really nicely done, very impressed by the quality of this kit just hope I can do it justice.

First job check through the instructions and sort out the paints I need. Stay tuned for more...

View attachment 52126

View attachment 52127

View attachment 52128

View attachment 52129

View attachment 52130

View attachment 52131

View attachment 52132

View attachment 52133

View attachment 52134

View attachment 52135

View attachment 52136

View attachment 52137

View attachment 52138

View attachment 52139

Ju 13.jpg

Ju14.jpg

Ju 1.jpg

Ju 2.jpg

ju 3.jpg

ju 4.jpg

Ju 5.jpg

Ju 6.jpg

Ju 7.jpg

Ju 8.jpg

Ju 9.jpg

Ju 10.jpg

Ju 11.jpg

JU 12.jpg

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
First job check through the instructions and sort out the paints I need. Stay tuned for more...
I can tell you what you need,whatever paints you use. You'll need equivalents for these.

Upper surfaces. RLM 70 (schwarzgrun) and RLM 71 (Dunkelgrun)

Under surfaces RLM 65 (Hellblau)

The yellow is RLM 04 which is a reddish or goldy yellow.

Cheers

Steve

S

Saber

Cheers Steve. I seem to have most of the Revell paints I need apart from Rust Matt. I have to follow the color chart to the letter as I am slightly color blind. My collection of Revell Paints is building up nicely and I also have several Humbrol colors that match up the ones I am missing. This one is going to test my cock pit detailing skills going to need a magnifying class and a very very small brush. :D

T

treyzx10r

Too cool ,love the Ju88's. The office is looking really sharp,nice detail and 1/72 too!

S

Saber

Thank you Trey, I am considering "upping" my scale next time as these tiny details are testing my eyesight :smile12: Think I might have to invest in one of those big magnifying glass light things for 1:72 scale models.

S

Saber

Many thanks Ole, great fun doing this one, I am going to have to get the 1:32 scale kit this plane is lovely to look at. The canopy is going to be a real challenge. I will try to get the lines on the canopy thinner this time then I did on my Lancaster as the canopy is going to make or break it I think.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi mark , great choice of kit , its only just been released and its got rave reviews everywhere. Its a fantastically detailed cockpit for a 1/72 kit , a magnifying light would probably come in very handy! Eduard have also just released paint masks for this kit , could save a lot of hassle trying to mask all those tiny windows!!cheers tony

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
That looking cracking Mark, a beautiful piece of work mate.

Tony.

W

wbk666

great stuff, i have one of those in the stash, might do it next.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking great mark , the canopy is excellent, cheers tony

S

Saber

Thanks everyone its a great kit this one really enjoying making it. I will have to get some different glue for canopys the revell normal glue tends to fog them if your not very careful.Blimy sure is getting hot in suffolk my paint drys in no time!

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Very nice Mark Great pre-shading and some fine work on that canopy.

Vaughan

S

Saber

Nearly coming to completion now just got the bombs to paint up and the rest of the decals to put in place, plus the wires and a few little bits.Really loving this little plane its been great fun to make. Word of warning, watch out for the decals under the grill panels and leave the grills off till last then place over the top of your decals. You can then finish off with small fill in decals supplied that give it the look that they are coming through the grill panels, very cool :sunglasses2:

The cockpit is very very detailed and you have to really take your time over it to make sure the canopy parts all fit nice and snug but it all comes together really well and over all I am very impressed by this Revell Kit. Any way here are some more pictures as we near completion.

View attachment 49569View attachment 49572View attachment 49571View attachment 49570View attachment 49568

View attachment 52310

View attachment 52311

View attachment 52312

View attachment 52313

View attachment 52314

Ju 39.jpg

Ju 35.jpg

Ju 36.jpg

Ju 37.jpg

Ju 38.jpg