Flying tank

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
The Scorpion or Scimitar are Britisn light tanks around 10 ton each and you can get both kits in 1/35 just google them

D

Deleted member 3568

Well I've chosen and bought the Academy 1/35 grant m3 and some plasticard (tank is coming from South Korea so could be a while) but I have plenty to do the model has full interior details as the Tiger did so will enjoy that.

D

Deleted member 3568

That would be a project I could get my teeth into where did you find that I wouldn't mind having a go at scratch building that, I love it absolutely love it.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
will be looking forward to seeing what and how you do the grant m3, ken,:rolleyes:

if its the same evilbay seller I, use it dose not take to long about 2 wks, ? i think rightly, ;)

that would be a fantastic build , were did you find that one Gern, ?

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all I just checked out thecreviews of this kit and apparently the suspension is out on it, bit since it's going to be nothing like the original I don't think that matters.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
That would be a project I could get my teeth into where did you find that I wouldn't mind having a go at scratch building that, I love it absolutely love it.
I just typed "Russian flying tank" into images on Bing. I think it's based on a real concept for an airliner, but there is some stuff about it on the web.

I take it you'll be looking at 1/32? Anything smaller wouldn't be worth doing! :D

Gern

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Here you go Ken, I think this was the basis for that picture:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalinin_K-7

Gern

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks gern have downloaded those pics will see what others I can find and with a bit of research I may start a build project of it, if I do it will be large scale.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
that would be some think i would follow from start to Finnish ,be a fantastic build, ;)

D

Deleted member 3568

You're not telling me that actually ever got built.

D

dubster72

Haha the Germans never even had a working version of the Maus, let alone that huge beast!

Would be an amazing scratch building job though.

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
\ said:
You're not telling me that actually ever got built.
Ken,

Check out this wiki link, it'll give you a rough idea of the size of this monster! :eek:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landkreuzer_P._1000_Ratte

Lee :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 3568

I did and they even planed a 1500 tonne tank which (not surprisingly ) they called monster. I am really seriously thinking of doing the K7 I have downloaded actual plan drawings of it (although there are no dimensions or sizes on it) if I do it will be made of cardboard as I couldn't afford plasticard or the likes also I would have to collect enough card, watch this space its more than likely to happen.

N

noble

Dude if the A team could fly a tank then iam sure anything that you choose would work. da da da, dada da. I love it when a plan comes together.

scott