Polux

Looking good. I like the effect.

Personally I think try new things is very important for a modeller :D

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
liking it trying to work out what you are doing with it before you do to see if im right :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 3568

This kit is not for novice tank builders(the parts fit perfectly, it's the instructions)the instructions are very vague and confusing. I built their tiger type I tank as my first and the instructions were great but these are not 3 times I have had to unglue things as they have been in the wrong place and there is a round adjuster handle and gearing which goes in the lower gun turret that I am going to just have to guess where it goes as where the arrow points there is no obvious place to attatch it,shame as all the parts (when in the right place( or not the right place even) fit perfectly, in fact it is the best fitting kit I have built in a long time.

Will post some pics of where I am at later, need some help, I think I've managed to hide where I glued things in the wrong place, but need help with the filters i did the weathering and it looked good(to me anyway) then thought I would try painting the filter over the top and all the definition seems to have gone out of it (stupid me) don't know what I thought the effect would be, but I know now.Still show some pics later

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Taking shape nicely Ken

Lee :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks Lee soon be adding some wings. I won't be putting the decals on it as it will change a lot, if it goes as I visualise it, will try to make the wings detachable so I can still show the interior as I am really pleased how that has turned out, not so keen on the outside. When I've finished building it I may wash it all off as when they rebuild a tank or whatever into a newer version I am sure it would all get a new paint job. I've only been weathering it as practise anyway. Hopefully my challenger will be better when I do that.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Very nice work Ken. Good weathering, the pastels have worked well.

D

Deleted member 3568

Ok I am going to call the tank finished

View attachment 85540

View attachment 85540

now I just have to make it fly

View attachment 85546

View attachment 85547

View attachment 85548

View attachment 85549

the way I visualise this is another smaller wing above this one with a huge jet engine in it and maybe a cockpit in that wing or the big one you see here as i dont think in real life it would be possible to have the wing detatch from the tank and have all the control cables detatchable as well also I cant see how you would pilot the tank from within it. Oh I forgot and 2 massive fuel tanks either between the 2 sets of wings or hung under the big wing.

View attachment 85541

View attachment 85542

View attachment 85543

View attachment 85544

View attachment 85545

CRW_2387.JPG

CRW_2388.JPG

CRW_2389.JPG

CRW_2390.JPG

CRW_2391.JPG

CRW_2392.JPG

IMAG1659.jpg

IMAG1660.jpg

IMAG1661.jpg

IMAG1662.jpg

Last edited:
P

Polux

Wow! These wood wings are a beauty.

I think the tank and the waethering you have add is fantastic. Great build, I love it ;) believe me!

Cheers Polux

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice Ken looking good ;)

lov the grain in these wing ,

I think that will work well 1 or 2 jet engines above with a little cockpit,:rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 3568

Thanks for the kind comments Monica and polux won't get much more done in the next few days as it's my father inlaws 80th birthday at the weekend so will be driving up to Scotland early sat morning and back late sun night.

P

Polux

\ said:
Thanks for the kind comments Monica and polux won't get much more done in the next few days as it's my father inlaws 80th birthday at the weekend so will be driving up to Scotland early sat morning and back late sun night.
Ok! have a nice trip and take care mate :smiling3:

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Safe trip Ken...your build is amazingly...different o_O

Lee :smiling3:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
have a great weekend of it and safe trip, :D

T

treyzx10r

Looks great Ken,the pastels worked just fine. I really like the interior detail of the turret as well!

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
This is looking superb Ken, lovely work on the wings and the weathering on the tank looks great.

Si:smiling3:

D

Deleted member 3568

thanks all for the kind comments I am a bit disappointed that right when things are getting interesting I have to call a halt on it, still it will be nice to see the father in law again, he's a really nice chap, and its only for the weekend.