from a photograph

N

noble

Hi folks this is my completed Group build from a photograph, sorry if it is a bit late as it took longer than i thought to completedue to a large amount of scratch building. It is in 1/35, so i hope you like it and as usual any and all comments welcome good or bad.

scott

View attachment 38063

View attachment 38064

View attachment 38065

View attachment 38066

View attachment 38067

View attachment 38068

View attachment 38069

View attachment 38070

View attachment 38071

View attachment 38072

View attachment 38073

View attachment 38074

leopold gun firing 1.jpg

leopold gun firing 2.jpg

leopold gun firing 3.jpg

leopold gun firing 4.jpg

leopold gun firing 5.jpg

leopold gun firing 6.jpg

leopold gun firing 7.jpg

leopold gun firing 8.jpg

leopold gun firing 9.jpg

leopold gun firing 10.jpg

leopold gun firing 11.jpg

leopold gun firing.jpg

A

andyrobs

Hi scott, great build, 5 stars from me mate!!!!

Cheers, Andrew

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
OMG that thing is huge!

Very well done indeed Scott. I like the way you did the smoke plume, simple but effective.

Overall a very good build and as for the scratch built aiming platform. Brilliant!

Five well earned stars from me. (even if it was late! lol).

P

phalinmegob

another brilliant job scott, well done, what is the puff of smoke,cotton wool?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just an observation Scott and a question.

The Leopold, should it not be the other way around so the buffers on the platform are at the rear of the cannon?

And now the question.

In the build thread there where pictures of the cross aiming rails, Are you saving them for the dio you mentioned or did you use the tracks for the turntable thing?

Ian M

G

Greg147

Stunning work Scott, love the paintjob. Must be quite an impressive showpiece you've got now, all you have to do is find somewhere to display it ;)

N

noble

\ said:
another brilliant job scott, well done, what is the puff of smoke,cotton wool?
Hi Andy it's wire wool scrunched and shaped.

scott

N

noble

\ said:
Just an observation Scott and a question.The Leopold, should it not be the other way around so the buffers on the platform are at the rear of the cannon?

And now the question.

In the build thread there where pictures of the cross aiming rails, Are you saving them for the dio you mentioned or did you use the tracks for the turntable thing?

Ian M
Hi Ian i thought so to but all the picks i've seen including live u tube footage i have got it the right way round, as for the cross aiming rails i gave those to tommy 1drop.

scott

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
OK! It just seemed more logical to me if the recoil from the cannon, pushed the train into the buffers and not off the end of the rails..........

Still a wonder build of a scary weapon. So whats next the big one... Dora?

Ian M

N

noble

\ said:
OK! It just seemed more logical to me if the recoil from the cannon, pushed the train into the buffers and not off the end of the rails.......... Still a wonder build of a scary weapon. So whats next the big one... Dora?

Ian M
I think when stationary the brakes were all applied, after firing most of the recoil was sent in a downward motion, the small amount of recoil only moved it back a very small amount and the guns motors moved it back to position. As for my next project that will be belle, she is a 1/10 vinyl angel iam building for my daughter for when she is born. Iam also working on a resin babylon 5 white star, this is a long term project as the paint work is very very complicated.

scott

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Beautifully done again Scott! Can't wait to see your Dora when you do get to it!

I saw the new Hobby Boss 1/72 Dora at the Sutton Coldfield show today. Even in that scale it's about 4ft long - and I was sorely tempted! But at £90 after discounts it's too rich for me at the moment.

Gern

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Superb job scott! An absolute labour of love, it must have took some work, with all the figures and track etc. The wire wool smoke is great too, lovely touch. A defo 5 star job !cheers tony

P

Polux

Top Job Scott!!! I allways like yours works!! You give "live" at all!

Fantastic one!

Regards

Polux

T

tommy1drop

Hi Scott great work mate, it looks brilliant, you should be feeling proud, well done.

Tom

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
I am also working on a resin babylon 5 white star, this is a long term project as the paint work is very very complicated.scott
ARE YOU COMPLETELY INSANE MAN!!! :laughing:

And I thought I was Mad for buying the stripy PT Boat!!!

Ian M

N

noble

Thank you all very much for the fantastic comments i appreciate it very much.

scott

N

noble

\ said:
ARE YOU COMPLETELY INSANE MAN!!! :laughing:And I thought I was Mad for buying the stripy PT Boat!!!

Ian M
Nobody can say i don't like a challange although this one might just be a bridge too far.

scott

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Superb build Scott. That is one mother of a model, so much to look at...

The weathering and the scratch building is spot on. As Tom so rightly says 'one to be proud of'

Well done, another big 5 for the well deserved collection!

Cheers,

Ron