Graeme's Dragon T-34/76 Model 1941 1/35

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Here's my entry as the thread title says.
00070007.JPG

The obligatory sprue shots.

00120012.JPG
00110011.JPG
This will be pretty much out of the box, which has indy link tracks & some etch. The only addition is a metal gun barrel.

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Thanks guys, good to have you along, plenty of parts, mostly the tracks! The T-34 is certainly one of the iconic weapons of WW2, definitely the best known Russian tank.
A start has been made this week, the lower hull having been built up with suspension transmission, fairly straightforward so far.

00120014.JPG
00130013.JPG

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
I'm in Graeme.....Ya gotta love a good Rooskie Bummskie machine and being a Dragon kit, you will probably have lots of extra parts for the spares box too.........

Prost
Allen

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Alan & Lee, so far so good, plenty of parts in the box, just a question of how many I'm actually going to use!
A bit more progress, the upper hull has been attached to the lower, various hatches & other parts added. The kit gives two options for the grill on the engine deck, a solid plastic one or an open one with an etch grill, the latter looks much better so I went with that. The grill is suppose to attach to the cover on the rear deck, the instructions show that the grill fits from under the cover, wrong! Dragon instructions strike again! It fits on the real thing from the top, but Dragon have moulded the grill surround on the cover, cue some scraping with a scalpel & filing smooth so the grill will sit down to the cover.
00120012.JPG
The result is seen above, there's a hole in the deck which could be seen through the grill, but Dragon thoughtfully provide a piece of printed card with engine detail, but thoughtlessly don't mention in the instructions!
00130013.JPG
The exhausts are each made in two parts, which I've glued together, but need a bit of filling & sanding, hopefully I'll find a bit more bench time this week & do a bit more.

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Tim, Lee, Steve & Garry, thanks for the encouragement, the shadow does look odd, I took the pictures without flash, using a lamp which my camera must have compensated for! Managed a bit of work on it last night, the exhausts are sanded & fitted, a start has been made on the gun mount & mantlet, pictures to follow.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
With so many building Russian for the GB it's a joy for me :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:
You'll have plenty of fun building this Graeme, that PE is well worth the effort . As for Dragon say no more !

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Thanks Mark & John, The PE is a big improvement over the plastic part, feel like I've got my mojo back with this kit.
With the weather being a bit poor I've got a bit more done, with the gun assembled & the turret going together. It's going together quite nicely despite the odd instance of 'Dragon instructions'. 00250025.JPG

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Thanks Mark & John, The PE is a big improvement over the plastic part, feel like I've got my mojo back with this kit.
With the weather being a bit poor I've got a bit more done, with the gun assembled & the turret going together. It's going together quite nicely despite the odd instance of 'Dragon instructions'. View attachment 445444
Glad the Mojo is flowing looking good. I’m finally getting rested and it’s getting back to a little normal at work now so maybe I can get mine started.

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Hi Lee, thanks, hoping you can get started soon, you need something to relax after work.
A bit more progress, the wheels, sprockets & idlers are done, a bit of sanding required, but nothing too serious, although Dragon did put all the sprue attachment points on the tyres.
00250025.JPG