Here's my entry for Simon T's memorial GB, an Italeri Panzer IV, with a few extras, an etch set, gun barrel & mantlet and Dragon indy link tracks.
I'm going to see how much I can improve an old kit, if I can do half as well as Simon did, I'll be well pleased.
Hope everything is ok and you are well. This kit is a real flashback to Italeri's heyday. You have to definitely love that green plastic they molded it in. Looks like you have everything you need for a great build Sir....
Are you sure you don't want to use the kit's tracks??? They already have some sag built in them..........
Thanks for your kind words & support guys!
A start has been been made, with drive housings & top roller brackets added to the hull tub. unfortunately when I found a lot of ejector pin marks on the hull rear plate, right where they can be seen. Cue the filler! Moved onto the suspension bogies, the need quite a bit of sanding to make them look right.
Thanks Lee & Fernando, it's an old kit with a few ejector pin marks & seams in places, but I will persevere with it.
A bit more done, finished filling & fettling the hull rear plate & fitted it to the hull. The suspension bogies have been sanded & fitted too, hopefully the rest of the kit won't need as much work!
Jim, Si, Andrew & Richard, Thanks for the encouragement, sometimes doing an old kit is just fun!
A bit more done, made a start on the upper hull, a bit of fettling of the parts was needed (a bit of a theme going on there). Some filler will be needed in places, removal of some plastic for replacement with etch is next.
Thanks Bob, I've built a couple of their Crusader kits, which are ok, but need a few upgrades.
I've started on the turret, building up the shell, again a bit of fettling required! A bit of modification was needed to make the resin mantlet fit, the casting block on the mantlet was on the turret side which was sawn off & filed flat. The gun mount had a flat filed onto it to mate to the mantlet, after a bit of trial & error it looked right.