Graeme's Panzer IV, Simon's memorial build.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Very nice Graeme, I think you’ve doubled the parts count with the PE ! :thumb2:

• Haha
Reactions: JR

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Been a while since I dropped in on this one Graeme,
I have to say I'm admiring your tenacity with this kit..... And your detailing .
Cracking stuff indeed Sir.
Andy

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Graeme

Just had a quick catch-up. Looking good so far. Keep up the good work.

Andrew

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Jakko, Andrew, Andy, Fernando, Si, Steven & Paul, Thank you, gentlemen, for your support & encouragement.:smiling:
Not sure about it being in the last century, never mind almost modern! There are about twice as many etch parts as kit parts, tenacity is essential for this build!
I managed to find a piece of the etch that I had folded to shape & dropped, the carpet monster obviously didn't like it, but it did chew it up a bit before spitting it out, a bit of straightening to do....

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Evening Graeme,

I'm still with you Sir and a fine job you are doing too!!! It's the little bits that bring this old puppy to life. Lucky you that the carpet monster wasn't that hungry and you found the piece again. I still have to love that green plastic......Kinda funky.......A good coat will cure it though.......

Prost
Allen

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Thanks Allen, the green plastic is, how can I put it, fairly awful to look at!
Not much done over the last couple of days, I've been a bit under the weather, will try to do a bit over the next couple of days.

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
As a bit of a break from the etch, I started on the tracks, dragon individual links, a lot of ejector pin marks to fill & sand. I kept them on the sprue for initial painting, few more bit of etch for the tool holders done too.
DSC03199 (1024x680).jpg

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Graeme
Looks very good. The primer ties everything together. The tracks will drive you mad. Simon would have sat with a tray on his knees and cleaned them up infront of the TV and kept them in an empty margarine tub :tongue-out3: Looking forward the the painting.
Jim

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Yes the difference a coat of primer can make, looks quite respectable now :thumb2:

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Gotta agree with the Guys here Graeme.....
...... the primer certainly does pull the whole thing together,it`s looking VERY Panzerlike now :cool:,
BTW,that`s a very smooth coat you`ve put down too:thumb2:,
Following with much interest,
Andy

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Tim, Jim, John, Andy, Si & Fernando, Thanks for the kind words & support. The green plastic is pretty awful, mind you the primer does look a bit like one of the British Leyland shades from the 70's! Sandglow anyone?
I've done a pre-shade & sprayed primer where it needed it, building it up in thin coats, will have to take a couple of photos before I do any more.

• Haha