Graeme's Shaun the Sheep Land Rover. Airfix.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Bit late, sorry Graeme.Looks good .
Has to be my favourite modern cartoon . Have several Shaun the Sheep items . Best one is the clock with him and Grommet cleaning the face .

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Aren’t you confusing Shawn the Sheep with Wallace and Gromit there, John? They‘re both made by the same company, of course :smiling3:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
I'm late in on this too Graeme! I know your love for Land Rovers, so this was only a natural build for you. Really cool stuff and looks like you're having some fun building it. If you get done early enough, maybe you could build the Land Rover getting winched up the tree scene from the film "The Gods Must Be Crazy"...Just a thought Sir..............

Prost
Allen

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
COOOOOOOL!!!!!

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Thank you all gentlemen, welcome along.
I didn't realise this kit was that sought after, I got this one a few years ago & it wasn't that much! I've never seen 'The Gods Must Be Crazy', but I have been to a few Land Rover events where winching was 'interesting'!
I've done a bit more on the figures, sanded the joins & added limbs on some, pictures to follow.

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
A bit more progress, the figures are done, just a bit of filling & sanding to do before painting.
0011.JPG
A few more bits done on the Land Rover. The instructions don't give a colour for painting, it looks as if you are supposed to leave it in the plastic colour. The question is, do I find a suitable shade of blue to paint it in or just weather & varnish it?
0012.JPG

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
It looks like you could just use it as-is, colour-wise, but I think you would be wise to put a coat of varnish over it before weathering. If you try to apply things like water-based washes directly onto bare plastic, they will bead up and do other funny things all over the place.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Coming on nicely!

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Usually the farmer's Lamb Rover (pun intended but not invented) is very dirty and with a worn out look. Probably a coat of paint before weathering will ease your job.
Some pics here below from the family album ;)
avresa r.JPG
i107408.jpg
and a 1:1 version after Bitzer and the flock car washing corvée ;) (water still dripping on the floor!).
Shaun_the_Sheep's_Landrover_(51382380373).jpg

Following with great interest
Yours very truly.
Andy the Sheep:smiling4: