Hello all.

First Name
Martin
Hello everyone,
New to the forum, recently returned to modelling after a 30 odd year break.
My main interest is armour with a leaning towards IDF vehicles but anything military really.
I used to have a decent collection of Tamiya until they became air pistol targets which I regret now but was fun at the time.
Anyway, looking forward to getting to know people on here and taking advantage of everyone's knowledge :smiling:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Welcome aboard!

So I wasn't the only one who destroyed his builds with air rifles/ pistols.

ATB.

Andrew

Last edited:

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Welcome, Martin to the friendliest (and nuttiest) forum there is.
John.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Welcome aboard!

So I want the by only one who destroyed his builds with air rifles/ pistols.

ATB.

Andrew
Andrew no you wen'nt as i also shot my models up witha point .22 airrifle an had immence fun watching the bits fly everywhere an ships were put on pond with a little demon banger in them an boy did they blow up what great fun it was wish i could go back to them days brilliant
chris

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Martin
A warm welcome to the forum. I am sure you will enjoy your time here.
Jim

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Interestingly the front glacis plate on my 1/72 Panther demonstrated why having a sloped front is a good thing....it proved surprisingly resistant to a lower powered air pistol.....

Apologies Martin for the digression and again welcome aboard.

ATB.

Andrew

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Andrew no you wen'nt as i also shot my models up witha point .22 airrifle an had immence fun watching the bits fly everywhere an ships were put on pond with a little demon banger in them an boy did they blow up what great fun it was wish i could go back to them days brilliant
chris

There's only a couple o' things stoppin' you Chris:

1) You'd need summat a bit more powerful than a penny banger to sink your Tiger.
2) We'd get together an' hang you from the yardarm for destroyin' such a beautiful piece o' work!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
There's only a couple o' things stoppin' you Chris:

1) You'd need summat a bit more powerful than a penny banger to sink your Tiger.
2) We'd get together an' hang you from the yardarm for destroyin' such a beautiful piece o' work!
WELL dave :thinking:firstly them penny banger you are on about as im sure you can rememeber them were little demon but by god if one it went off in your hand you would not have a hand left as they were so powerfull in them 1960 's erea not like todays pitifull efforts an 2 well id better be carefull with tiger then as i wont want all you guys gangin up on me to be hung fron the yardarm Oooohhhhh NO :crying::crying::crying::crying: an there's about over 3 grands worth of ship there an even silly me wont do anything but sail it an ive got collectors wanting it so even if you guys dint hang me im sure they would LOL :tongue-out3::rolling::smiling5::smiling5::smiling5::smiling5::smiling5: ps plus ive now got a bit more sence then what i had nr 50 yrs ago
an sorry Martin for takein over your thread i'll let you get back to it
chris

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Welcome Martin - do you lean to Modern IDF, or the older WWII converted half tracks & Shermans? - I've got a HobbyBoss Nagmachon that I keep on looking in the box , and being put off by the slat armour. The IDF certainly made full use of the chassis' of their old Centurions!
Dave