Hello all.

First Name
Martin
Hello Dave.
It's the tanks I'm planning to concentrate on. I especially like the shot and Magach and really looking forward to building a Tiran. I believe Tamiya do a Late Tiran 5 or I may attempt a T55 conversion, not decided yet :smiling:
The Nagmachon kit crops up whenever I search for idf kits...tempting but looks fiddly.
I'm interested in the outcome if you decide to build the thing

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Hello Dave.
It's the tanks I'm planning to concentrate on. I especially like the shot and Magach and really looking forward to building a Tiran. I believe Tamiya do a Late Tiran 5 or I may attempt a T55 conversion, not decided yet :smiling:
The Nagmachon kit crops up whenever I search for idf kits...tempting but looks fiddly.
I'm interested in the outcome if you decide to build the thing
Martin,
I knew I'd built another IDF vehicle - a few years ago - the HobbyBoss Achzarit - I do have an Academy Merkava in my stash as well, but the 'ball and chain' armour under the rear of the turret put me off every time I look at it! There are some good IDF M60 Blazers, and AMX-13s around as well, but seem to be more scarce these days!
Dave

First Name
Martin
Achzarit, I had to look that one up :smiling:
I built a Tamiya Merkava back in the day but the other manufacturers kits look way more detailed.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Martin,
finally found a pic - this was done in 2017 - I had to look in my back up files!
HB 1-35 Achzarit.jpg
Nice model to build, but ended up rather boring - it really needed some figures to give a point of interest
Dave

First Name
Martin
Nice build Dave.
I agree though, the vehicle itself doesn't have much going on.
BTW, even though my interest is in Idf vehicles, my first build is a Tamiys Chieftan which was the unexpected Xmas prezzie that got my modelling juices flowing after all these years.
I'll get a wip thread going at some point :smiling: