Hello from Bavaria!

vizenz

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andreas
Hello,
my name is Andreas (nickname Andi).
I am 41 years old, I have two children (9 and 6 years old) and a wonderful wife and live in Bavaria / Germany.
I started gluing airplane models together as a child, then took the famous hobby break at some point, was a soldier for 12 years and then, ended up back into model building.
I mainly build 1/72 military vehicle models. I like to print missing parts for conversions or even entire models myself with my Mars 3Pro 3D printer.
I'm not one for hyper-detail. However, I try to research all my models well and therefore have a well-equipped library on the subject of military vehicles.
After browsing around a bit, this seems to be a very nice community, so I signed up. I'm excited to see what there is to discover and learn new things here.

Best regards,
Andreas

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Andi,
It's a very warm welcome from me. Hope you enjoy the forum there are a lot of friendly people on here. I haven't been to Bavaria for a long long time a little place called Bad Sontoffeln if I remember the name correctly.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
...... and it's a warm welcome from me too Andi.....
I look forward to seeing you around the parish. :thumb2:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Welcome to the mad house. lol.
We hope that you enjoy it here and we lookforward to seeing some of your works.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi andi welcome to the forum , looking forward to seeing your models , cheers tony

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Andi, welcome aboard. You'll find many are still into the old style scratchery of parts but quite a few have ventured into 3D printing their parts. Beware the banter as it can get quite ridiculously funny at times, modeling wise.

Cheers,
Richard aka Wabble

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Greetings from me too - glad another tanky person falls to earth!
Steve

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Welcome Andi. I'm sure you'll enjoy it on here. It's warm, it's friendly - it's whatever you want it to be. As long as its modelling. :thumb2:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Welcome to the forum Andi. 3D printing is rapidly becoming a big part of the hobby. I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Andi
welcome - you'll find a lot of like minded people on the forum - more of us are dabbling with the 3D printers now, it's increasing....................... I can't use a resin printer in my flat, so I've been persevering with my FDM printers. At the moment, my Sunlu is quietly printing the hull for a 1/72 Vickers Independent tank, one of a long list of British WWI & Inter war tanks that I've been working on
Dave

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Welcome Andreas

Used to visit Garmish-Partenkirchen a lot to go climbing and skiing. Climbed the Zucspitz and Alpspitz a few times. Beautiful area

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi and welcome Andi. Nice introduction. I’ve just commented on the figures you’ve just posted, top job mate :thumb2:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Welcome Andi...... Good to hear you mainly dabble in the one true scale that is 1/72!

vizenz

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andreas
Hello,
Thank you all very much for the warm welcome!
I've already looked around the forum a bit and I really like it here. I've already discovered some interesting topics - and there are incredibly good model makers here!
I have to admit that I always fancy larger scales, but I'm extremely unsuitable for that. When I just think about the time and patience it takes to put together a tank track in 1/35 - in the same time frame I build a whole 1/72 model! And then I can finally paint and age again - that's probably my favorite aspect of model building at the moment.
Best regards,
Andi