Hello from Italy

Dozent

SMF Supporter
First Name
Matteo
Hello everyone,

I'm Matteo, hailing from Rome. I've joined this forum because, at the age of 28, I've realized it's time to reignite my passion for hobbies. My last model was built when I was only 16 and now with the gentle encouragement of my girlfriend I am embarking on a journey to explore this old hobby that how she said: does not involve drinking. :smiling6:

Currently, I'm in the process of setting up a new workspace where I can begin crafting something meaningful. I'll be diving into researching the necessary materials and determining which model would be the best starting point for me.

Additionally, I am a web developer, managing my own company, and a fervent chef, which is my second hobby. Contrary to common assumptions, I don't limit myself to cooking just pasta or pizza ahahaha.

Can't wait to catch up with you here on the forum! Excited to start building again!

Ciao a tutti,
M

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
.... and it's a warm welcome from me too Matteo,
I look forward to seeing you around the parish :thumb2:,
(I don't know what it's like to be 28, not because I haven't reached it yet...... it's just so long ago!!;)).

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Welcome Matteo, its a great forum , just ask any question you may have about modelling and you'll receive a sensible answer.

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Buonasera Matteo

And that's almost the limit of my (phrasebook) Italian, even though one of my collections is Regia Aeronautica stuff (kits, books, monographs, museum visits!). Fortunately I have a tame translator in Andy the Sheep!
Ciao!

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Welcome Matteo,
Having spent many a weekend in Italy, and enjoyed the food....
Great company here and any advice we can help you with, we will.

Dozent

SMF Supporter
First Name
Matteo
Hi Matteo,
Welcome to the forum there is a great group of people on here. One thing I should mention is the cooking samples are required to be tested
This sound such a good idea if we plan someday a live reunion! :D
A warm welcome Matteo. I'm sure you'll enjoy your time on the forum.
Thank you Jim! I am sure I will.
Welcome Matteo from me too. At a grand 28 you'll be one of the youngsters!!!!! ;) :smiling2:
Thank you! And don't worry, I'm not familiar with the "slang" that youngsters use in English these days, so I'll make sure to express myself as clearly as possible. Haha
Think he's kidding? :tears-of-joy:
A heartily warm welcome from me too.
Thank you Flip!
Ciao Matteo. You'll like it here, very companionable.
It is seems already! wonderful welcome!
Greetings Matteo, there will be plenty of encouragement here for you to get your teeth into!
Steve
Hi! Thank you!
.... and it's a warm welcome from me too Matteo,
I look forward to seeing you around the parish :thumb2:,
(I don't know what it's like to be 28, not because I haven't reached it yet...... it's just so long ago!!;)).
Thank you! and nowdays believe me, it's not as exciting as you can imagine being 28! sometimes I wish I was born decades before.
Welcome Matteo, its a great forum , just ask any question you may have about modelling and you'll receive a sensible answer.
Thank you JR, can't wait to share my thoughts and progress with you all.
A warm welcome from me too.
John.
Thanks John!
Thank you!
Hi matteo , welcome to the forum , whats your main interest ? Cheers tony
Thank you, Tony! My primary passion lies in my work. It might sound mundane, but I've had a love for web development ever since I took my first steps with Windows XP and an old Pentium 3 machine, creating web pages in 800x600 px resolutions. Haha, I guess you could say I'm a bit of a nerd! However, I also have a range of other fascinating interests. From cinema and cuisine to boxing and fishing. Also farming (I hail from a village), driving old cars, especially my grandpa's old Fiats and Lancias.
Hi Matteo and welcome
Thank you!
Welcome Matteo!
Pete
Thank you Pete!
Welcome aboard!!
Thank you!
Hi Matteo. Welcome to the forum. Not related to Tony S I hope ;)
Haha, thanks Tim! Don't worry, I'm definitely relatred with Tony... maybe in another lifetime
Buonasera Matteo

And that's almost the limit of my (phrasebook) Italian, even though one of my collections is Regia Aeronautica stuff (kits, books, monographs, museum visits!). Fortunately I have a tame translator in Andy the Sheep!
Ciao!
Buona sera a te! Grazie del messaggio :smiling3: Feel free to message me if you want to learn more about this era. Here in Rome, we have plenty of places to visit and gather information about the Regno d'Italia and all its related history, especially in the field of aeronautics.
Having spent many a weekend in Italy, and enjoyed the food....
Great company here and any advice we can help you with, we will.
Hi Mike, thank you! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your time here! Next time you need any tourist advice, feel free to reach out to me. I've lived all across the country, from the north to the south, so I know my way around pretty well.

I didn't expect to receive so many messages. It's been a wonderfully warm welcome. Thank you, everyone! I already feel like I'm part of the community!

Ciao a tutti,
Matteo