Hello from Italy

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Welcome to the forum Mateo. This is a great place for not only building models but also a great resource for the hobby..plus the guys here are ALL great !

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Buona sera a te! Grazie del messaggio :smiling3: Feel free to message me if you want to learn more about this era. Here in Rome, we have plenty of places to visit and gather information about the Regno d'Italia and all its related history, especially in the field of aeronautics.
Oh NOW you've gone and done it!
Like I said, Andrea (aka Andy the Sheep) has been providing invaluable translation assistance in my Breda Ba.44 build, over in the Biplane Group Build. I did visit Rome a few years back, spent one day seeing most of the city (it looks bigger in the movies!), and one day at Vigna de Valle museum. And all the video and photos I took there I can no longer access because my camera overwrote the date stamp on the memory card!

Aargh!
And it used to be SO easy to pop across the Moat and visit!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Welcome to the mad house, Forum I hope that you enjoy it here.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Welcome Matteo! Windows XP? - luxury! my first PC was a self built Windows 3.1!
What sort of models are you thinking of? - fast sports cars? - whatever it is there will be members who can give you good advice & support, and answer any questions.
I once spent a week or so fitting a different engine to a Lamborghini - it had better performance than the original !!!!!!!!!
Dave
( OK, it was a Lamborghini tractor )

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Matteo,
In my previous life I used to be a truck driver and travelled all over Europe and into other countries. Used to try and spend my weekends if I was in the north east at Lido di Jesolo and then on the Monday up to the Udine area to collect my trailer full of furniture. But had many visits to both Venice.
Rome - we used to deliver goods to the Vatican, we could not go in, but had to park in Viale Vaticano and unload through a side door - great fun as the unloading took 3 days, and the Caribineri could do nothing about us parking in a not parking zone....
Mike

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Ciao Matteo. 28 y.o.... :astonished::tongue-out3::smiling4:
As you can see from my details, I'm Italian too.
I'm pretty sure you'll find this forum absolutely friendly and co-operative, with a sprinkle of humor and a lot of banter, which makes it a very comfortable place.
Cooking: to me is a close relative to modelling as it requires a certain level of "science" but a lot of art too.
Welcome and happy modelling.

Dozent

SMF Supporter
First Name
Matteo
Welcome to the Forum!

Del
Thank you Del!
Welcome to the forum Mateo. This is a great place for not only building models but also a great resource for the hobby..plus the guys here are ALL great !
Hi, thank you. I already noticed :D
AN WELCOME from me too
chrisb
Thanks!
Oh NOW you've gone and done it!
Like I said, Andrea (aka Andy the Sheep) has been providing invaluable translation assistance in my Breda Ba.44 build, over in the Biplane Group Build. I did visit Rome a few years back, spent one day seeing most of the city (it looks bigger in the movies!), and one day at Vigna de Valle museum. And all the video and photos I took there I can no longer access because my camera overwrote the date stamp on the memory card!

Aargh!
And it used to be SO easy to pop across the Moat and visit!
With all my pleasure! When I can help I never refuse :thumb2:
Welcome to the forum Matteo
Thank you!
Welcome to the mad house, Forum I hope that you enjoy it here.
Ahahaaha thank you so much Ian!

Dozent

SMF Supporter
First Name
Matteo
Welcome Matteo! Windows XP? - luxury! my first PC was a self built Windows 3.1!
What sort of models are you thinking of? - fast sports cars? - whatever it is there will be members who can give you good advice & support, and answer any questions.
I once spent a week or so fitting a different engine to a Lamborghini - it had better performance than the original !!!!!!!!!
Dave
( OK, it was a Lamborghini tractor )
Thank you! I also experimented with Windows 3.0, utilizing an emulator! Those were the days, everything seemed so effortless! Regarding my modeling interests, I'm contemplating aircraft such as planes, helicopters, and perhaps tanks. Given my passion for history, anything predating the 1970s fascinates me. I'm considering embarking on the challenge of acquiring a Huey Chopper; its distinctive olive color renders it irresistible to me. Following that, I'm drawn to the idea of exploring civil planes and biplanes or combact aircraft from World War II. Oh my grandpa had one of those old Lamborghini tractor. That thing worked for 80 years. hahahaha I'd like to see the one you built. :smiling3:

Dozent

SMF Supporter
First Name
Matteo
Matteo,
In my previous life I used to be a truck driver and travelled all over Europe and into other countries. Used to try and spend my weekends if I was in the north east at Lido di Jesolo and then on the Monday up to the Udine area to collect my trailer full of furniture. But had many visits to both Venice.
Rome - we used to deliver goods to the Vatican, we could not go in, but had to park in Viale Vaticano and unload through a side door - great fun as the unloading took 3 days, and the Caribineri could do nothing about us parking in a not parking zone....
Mike
Thank you! AND WHAT A COINCIDENCE. I live precisely 200 meters away from Viale Vaticano. Those walls you referred to mark the entrance.

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-13 at 20.08.38.jpeg

Oh and don't talk to me about parking. Last year I sold my car because it was impossible to wasting time looking for parking and being fined hahahaha.

Last edited:

Dozent

SMF Supporter
First Name
Matteo
Welcome Matteo!
Thank you!
Ciao Matteo. 28 y.o.... :astonished::tongue-out3::smiling4:
As you can see from my details, I'm Italian too.
I'm pretty sure you'll find this forum absolutely friendly and co-operative, with a sprinkle of humor and a lot of banter, which makes it a very comfortable place.
Cooking: to me is a close relative to modelling as it requires a certain level of "science" but a lot of art too.
Welcome and happy modelling.
Ciao Andrea piacere! Oh noi italiani siamo ovunque :smiling5: Thank you very much for the warm welcome! I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiment that cooking is akin to an art form and demands time. My girlfriend, Ukrainian, often complains that I spend two hours preparing a dish.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
.....and prolly worth every moment. How long does it take her to do hair & makeup and chose an outfit? :smiling2:Also an art form that takes time.

Dozent

SMF Supporter
First Name
Matteo
.....and prolly worth every moment. How long does it take her to do hair & makeup and chose an outfit? :smiling2:Also an art form that takes time.
EXACTLY. I lost 1/4 of my life waiting for her hahahaahahah