Hello to All Forummers!

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Hwan, welcome aboard lah. There's a great helpful bunch of looni toons willing to treat most helpless cases and recovery in numbers is quite healthy. You'll enjoy your stay here...just keep away from fire starters and occasional glued finger types.:smiling6: Here people don't "goreng" but are really sincere and passionate of their hobby. Which state and town you from bro. I'm from KL.
HI again Hwan im sorry but i dont understand your post ?
chrisb
Chris, I am one of the many Richards in the country but not the one that recommended Hwan.
Although SMM or Scale Model Malaysia may be considered a registered society... many have not heard of us. When it comes to plastic modelling in our country, it is frowned upon as playing with toys therefore many don't mention their hobby unless it's RC, racing, collecting real vintage cars, flying or just growing durian trees.:tears-of-joy: So lots of closet builders lurking. Hwan, check out SMM.

Cheers,
Richard

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Hwan, welcome aboard lah. There's a great helpful bunch of looni toons willing to treat most helpless cases and recovery in numbers is quite healthy. You'll enjoy your stay here...just keep away from fire starters and occasional glued finger types.:smiling6: Here people don't "goreng" but are really sincere and passionate of their hobby. Which state and town you from bro. I'm from KL.

Chris, I am one of the many Richards in the country but not the one that recommended Hwan.
Although SMM or Scale Model Malaysia may be considered a registered society... many have not heard of us. When it comes to plastic modelling in our country, it is frowned upon as playing with toys therefore many don't mention their hobby unless it's RC, racing, collecting real vintage cars, flying or just growing durian trees.:tears-of-joy: So lots of closet builders lurking. Hwan, check out SMM.

Cheers,
Richard
THANKS Richard thats cleared that up
chrisb

First Name
Hong

Cheers,
Richard
Hi Richard,
Thanks for replying and your advice. It's good to hear from a fellow countryman. I got to know the scale-models.co.uk from internet searching. Yes, local tend to "goreng" newbies like me. I guess its the culture and how people are.

BTW, I'm from KL, Selangor. Hometown is in N9.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Hwan, ahh a Negeri Sembilan boy ah.
I'll PM you about SMM if you'd like to join the local hobby scene. Don't worry, we frown on those who 'goreng'.
For those of you fellas here 'goreng' is 'fry'.:smiling2:
I'm guessing you already know two of our LHS's in KL... Area88 and CKTan Models to get your stash. I normally meet up at Area88 on Saturdays and build there.
Hope to see your builds here...no need shy shy one ok.

Cheers,
Richard

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi hwan , belated welcome to the forum , cheers tony

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hello Hwan, no need to worry bout this crowd and we're glad to have you.......hope you post up something you are working on soon.....no critics here, just folks that want to see others do the best they can. Welcome aboard.