Hi all from a newbie in sunny UK...

First Name
Antony
Hello to all on the Scale Model forum...
After rediscovering the fun/enjoyment of scale modelling since my school days, many (MANY) moons ago, I embarked on building the Revell 1/8 Jaguar E-Type (XK-E) at around post Xmas just gone. I haven't taken any pics as yet - far too busy just getting on with the job currently - to which I am becoming more and more detail encompassed, in my hopes of turning the iconic Jag of the 60s into a nicely finished model. Presently the research is starting to do my head in - which I am sure many here experience also...
Where to stop?!?
Mini, more realistic fan belts are at this moment en-route, hopefully.
Am considering basic lights set-up etc...
Just wish my hands/fingers would calm down a tad when building - they are getting better though.
Will surely be asking many questions in my quest here, if that's OK, as the project continues...
I haven't done much scale modelling for several decades - though did complete a full scale Dalek construction some ten years ago, which eventually went to a bit of a pop god, who sadly passed away a few years ago.

TD

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Welcome to the forum Anthony, a wealth of knowledge from small builds to full scale projects and, well, everything in-between.

Full scale Dalek, very nice indeed.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Welcome from me as well Anthony. I’ve always thought of the E type as the second best looking bit of British engineering ever made, so that’s a great subject to introduce yourself with :thumb2:

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the internet Antony - I'm an E-type fan as well, but never built one bigger than 1:24.
Pete

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Antony,
welcome to the forum - asking questions? absolutely no problem, if one of us doesn't know the answer - somebody else will know where to find it! All genres covered!
Dave

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Antony

Welcome to the madhouse forum!!

Andrew

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Welcome to the forum Antony.
In a nut shell: If you cant get an answer on here, there isn't one! lol
Think the E-type was a very good looking car.... until you put a lid on it. To me it's one of the few cars that look great as a cabriolet but a bit odd with a hard top.
Jaguar type D now that was sexy!

First Name
Antony
Welcome from me as well Anthony. I’ve always thought of the E type as the second best looking bit of British engineering ever made, so that’s a great subject to introduce yourself with :thumb2:
:smiling4:
You got me intrigued now: Only the second best bit of British engineering - Enzo clearly thought otherwise - so what do you consider the best? Not the Metro? :smiling6: I was the custodian of a Jaguar XK8 for a few years a few years ago, and that had nice curves... almost directly from the AM DB7 designer of course...